SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Another border invasion caravan coming: Left hopes to whip up family separation storm before midterm
Page 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 27
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another border invasion caravan coming: Left hopes to whip up family separation storm before midterm Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Looking at the photo above looks like a bunch of young males. Who needs them here. No language skills or what ever it takes to work. And who needs them here except Democratic Party.

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
WSJ

https://www.wsj.com/articles/m...650?mod=hp_lead_pos1

The U.S. military plans to deploy 5,000 troops to the southwest U.S. border in anticipation of a caravan of would-be asylum seekers and migrants currently moving northward in Mexico, U.S. officials said Monday.

The new figure is a major increase from initial estimates of 800 troops and would represent a military force equal to about one-third the number of customs officials currently working at the border. The military sent about 2,000 National Guard troops to the area earlier this year.

“This is an invasion of our Country and our Military is waiting for you!” President Trump wrote on Twitter on Monday morning

The U.S. and federal law-enforcement officials said troops are likely to be deployed to ports of entry, at least in initial phases of the U.S. military mission, which the Pentagon has named Operation Faithful Patriot.

Under the latest plans, about 1,800 troops will go to Texas, 1,700 to Arizona and 1,500 to California. The troops will be drawn from about 10 U.S. Army installations and consist largely of military police and engineers, one of the U.S. officials said. U.S. Marines also will be deployed, the U.S. official said.

Posts: 19572 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
If anyone's bored and feeling historically minded, this might be an interesting time to read up on Wilson's deployment of the National Guard to the Mexican border in 1916 and 1917.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
We need to be dropping leaflets and buzzing them with F18s.

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5132 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
They've already had Mexicans walk up to them and offer them asylum, assistance, etc. This has already devolved into a contest of wills.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
They've already had Mexicans walk up to them and offer them asylum, assistance, etc. This has already devolved into a contest of wills.

Contest of wills...Asylum seekers, meet Donald Trump and Mad Dog Mattis.

Posts: 2693 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
They are not "asylum seekers". They are people wanting to migrate to the US in order to take advantage of our generous welfare system; a few might really be sincere in looking for better jobs, but most are just wanting freebies, I think.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
They are not "asylum seekers". They are people wanting to migrate to the US in order to take advantage of our generous welfare system; a few might really be sincere in looking for better jobs, but most are just wanting freebies, I think.

flashguy

As Milton Friedman once remarked, a country with a welfare system cannot have open borders.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

flashguy

If this is in response to my post, realize I was using the term very loosely, and because it is what some others have called the caravan (perhaps I should have put it in quotation marks as you did). I see it as an invasion, and needs to be dealt with accordingly.

Posts: 2693 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Now they’re demanding transportation:

“…Worn down from long miles of walking and frustrated by the caravan’s slow progress, some migrants have been dropping out and returning home or applying for protected status in Mexico. Conscious of that frustration, its representatives demanded “safe and dignified” transportation to the capital Monday after the group arrived in the Oaxaca state town of Niltepec…”

https://apnews.com/bd8bbd8a0f1543dea4e82cd69c520a01

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8946 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Another caravan was met by a strong police presence at the border- the night before new invaders attacked police, and tried to force entry. One invader was killed. This is the wrong country to try this with; the Mexicans won’t take kindly to this I suspect.

https://www.washingtontimes.co...exican-police-clash/

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15573 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
The caravan is at Niltepec.

It has traveled from Arriaga, to Tapanatepec, to Niltepec.

A distance of roughly 60 miles.

10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
Another caravan was met by a strong police presence at the border- the night before new invaders attacked police, and tried to force entry. One invader was killed. This is the wrong country to try this with; the Mexicans won’t take kindly to this I suspect.

https://www.washingtontimes.co...exican-police-clash/

Put them on buses with no windows, then turn them around and head south.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
The caravan is at Niltepec.

It has traveled from Arriaga, to Tapanatepec, to Niltepec.

That's weird in its own way. I understand the revolutionary and anticentralization history of southwest Mexico - viva Zapata and radical land reform and all that. But why are they staying off of the main roads just north of them, the ones that will take them to Texas or California the most easily and that will take them through the zones with the larger populations that are more likely to support them politically and provide them with direct assistance?

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post

10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Most of these caravanners may be seeking nothing more than an opportunity to enter the United States and collect welfare and food stamps. But those leading and organizing this circus are seeking to make a political point, damage Trump, and insure leftist dominance in the midterm elections.

They will certainly NOT reach the US at this rate of travel before next Tuesday. So what is the plan? What is the dramatic event that they hope to use to galvanize public opinion and villianize Trump? GDCs and leftists always have a plan.

Jonestown?

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
quote:
asylum seekers

Undocumented democrats.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15482 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
Most of these caravanners may be seeking nothing more than an opportunity to enter the United States and collect welfare and food stamps. But those leading and organizing this circus are seeking to make a political point, damage Trump, and insure leftist dominance in the midterm elections.

They will certainly NOT reach the US at this rate of travel before next Tuesday. So what is the plan? What is the dramatic event that they hope to use to galvanize public opinion and villianize Trump? GDCs and leftists always have a plan.

Jonestown?
Perhaps they are expecting to take control of the House at the election and will use this activity to foster public opinion toward impeaching the President?

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Perhaps they are expecting to take control of the House at the election and will use this activity to foster public opinion toward impeaching the President?

flashguy

That is a step beyond where I had taken it, but is certainly plausible.

Never miss an
opportunity to STFU
posted Hide Post
I see on the news that the caravan has requested 150 buses to go to the US. I guess they realized that they won’t make it to the border before Election Day. Fickin’ leaches. A10.

Never be more than one step away from your sword-Old Greek Wisdom

Posts: 2294 | Location: SE Mich-- USA | Registered: September 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post