SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Another border invasion caravan coming: Left hopes to whip up family separation storm before midterm
Page 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 27
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another border invasion caravan coming: Left hopes to whip up family separation storm before midterm Login/Join 
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TXJIM:
There is nowhere for these troops to stay, they can't just line up a the Holiday Inn Express in Loredo. They will likely have to provide their won accommodations.

I don’t think that you have to worry about their accommodations. Secretary Mattis will find a way.

“Good officers study military history, great officers study logistics.”
—General Mattis

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8931 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
Skunk spray Big Grin

Skunk — a foul-smelling liquid first sprayed on Palestinian protesters as a form of crowd control in 2008 — has become one of the characteristic scents of the Israeli occupation.

Created by the Israeli research and development firm Odortec, Skunk has the “viscosity of water” and “can be sprayed over a large area using a standard water cannon,” Odortec says on its website.

After Skunk makes contact with a person or object, the putrid stench can last for days and can cause nausea and vomiting. The smell is overpowering, similar to a skunk’s spray but worse, smelling as if it has been mixed with raw sewage, sulfur and rotting animal corpses.

“The overpowering odor of the Skunk drives rioters away — and keeps them away — effectively shutting down any escalating situation,” Odortec’s website says.

Promoted as a nonlethal tool for crowd control, Skunk has been used by Israeli forces at Palestinian demonstrations for the past seven years. Videos show the liquid being used during protests, on private Palestinian homes and even at a funeral procession in the West Bank.

An Israel Defense Forces representative told Al Jazeera that Skunk minimizes “the necessity for the use of live ammunition” and “is a well-known and accepted measure that is in line with international standards and used by many countries throughout the world.”

But some activists and organizations, including the Association for Civil Rights in Israel, have criticized the Israeli military for allegedly using Skunk against individuals and structures unassociated with protests, making neighborhoods stink for days.

Israeli human rights group B’Tselem said Israeli forces regularly hose down Palestinian homes with Skunk, raising suspicions that the practice is used as a punitive measure — especially against residents in villages that routinely hold protests against Israel’s occupation of Palestinian territories.

Because of its putrid smell and the confidentiality surrounding its composition — the BBC revealed yeast and baking powder are among the ingredients — rumors abound among Palestinians as to what is in Skunk.

“People say it’s made of chemicals like gas, dirty water and shit,” said Jaber Abu Rahmah, a Palestinian living in the West Bank village of Bil’in, where residents hold weekly protests against Israel’s wall on their land.

“When it hits the ground, the smell stays bad for a long time,” he said. “When it hits you, you need to take many showers to clean yourself from the dirty smell.”

Odortec did not respond to Al Jazeera’s request for comment in time for publication but maintains on its website that Skunk is organic, nontoxic and even drinkable.

http://america.aljazeera.com/a...-but-what-is-it.html

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2BobTanner:
The visual optics would be horrendous.
Do we give up the sovereignty and future of our country to cater to optics or do we do what is necessary to secure the country from invaders. I vote the latter knowing anything short of opening the gates wide, inviting them in, and paying all their bills will be condemned by the international community. And for clarification, that's the same international community where their women are terrified to go out in public for fear of rape or assault.

Give this garbage every opportunity to stand down and go home, and if the refuse, fire rounds over their heads. If they still don't take the hint, drop 50 of the biggest males in the group. I guarantee the rest will scatter into Mehico. Then tell the international community to get stuffed.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Can’t we somehow ship down a buncha blankets or water tainted with a germ that causes explosive diarrhea?

That’ll stop them.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think water cannons would suffice without resorting to bullets, which everyone knows we would never use anyway. But I highly doubt we'd even use water cannons as PC trumps secure borders.

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz

Posts: 5158 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Skunk and a cropduster or two

Posts: 26892 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
I would think both skunk spray and LRAD would be a great 1st repellent - then let the bullets fly!

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4571 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Let them walk across the border, truck them immediately to waiting planes, and fly them back to wherever the hell they hail from.

Would never work!!!!

Do not under any circumstances let them into this country!!!

You want to stop them? Concertina wire a couple hundred yards wide, and a liberal dosing with micro-pulverized CS powder will do it. Trust me, you/they do not want to experience CS powder! BTDT when I was the battalion CBR NCO way back when.

And, no, we cannot machine gun them!

Trump needs to get the message to Mexico that it is their job to stop this! They are illegally in Mexico, and those who do not accept Mexico's offer need to be rounded up and transported back to the southern border.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25642 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by TXJIM:
There is nowhere for these troops to stay, they can't just line up a the Holiday Inn Express in Loredo. They will likely have to provide their won accommodations.

Who the hell would be sent there? A bunch of typists? Maybe things have changed since I was in the army, but back then every combat unit had full equipment to go to the field and stay there! Yeah, logistic support is important but is our military so damned run down and incompetent that they cannot even spend days/weeks in the field? What the hell happens, then, if we are attacked? We ask, nicely, for the invaders/attackers to wait a few weeks until we get our shit together?

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25642 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Hopefully the Trump plans works to deter this invasion.

Funny the left is all constitution, legal protections, laws, rulings, precedents for illegals. But Justice Kavanaugh, an actual American citizen, gets none burn him at the stake they said.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Caravan 28 Oct 2018

traveled from Arriaga to Tapanatepec

looks like mostly young males

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/u...ducted-child-n925331

TAPANATEPEC, Mexico — Coordinators of a caravan of several thousand Central American migrants moving through southern Mexico urged its members to rest Sunday. At first the migrants vowed to press on anyway but later changed their minds amid reports that a child had been abducted.

For the first time an arm of the federal government seemed to be directly helping the migrants advance rather than trying to diminish the caravan. In this case Grupo Beta, Mexico's migrant protection agency, gave rides to stragglers and passed out water.

At the caravan's regular evening meeting in the town square, its coordinators tried to force a little chivalry.

Many of the migrants have depended on hitchhiking to move between towns rather than walking the entire way. When trucks stop, it's usually young men who sprint to reach them first . Women carrying children or pushing strollers are at a disadvantage.

On Saturday night, a nun scolded the men and urged the women to be more aggressive in pursuing the rides. She said the church would help arrange five trucks to transport only women with children on the next trek to Niltepec about 33 miles (54 kms) away.

Martin Rojas, an agent from Mexico's migrant protection agency Grupo Beta, said he and his fellow agents planned to use agency pickup trucks to help stragglers catch up with the caravan.

Mexico's Interior Ministry said that temporary identity numbers have been issued to 111 migrants under the program. The IDs, called CURPs, authorize the migrants to stay and work in Mexico, and the ministry said pregnant women, children and the elderly were among those who had joined the program and were now being attended at shelters

Posts: 19561 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elk Hunter:
quote:
Let them walk across the border, truck them immediately to waiting planes, and fly them back to wherever the hell they hail from.

Would never work!!!!

Do not under any circumstances let them into this country!!!

You left out where I suggested that Trump rescind the legislation that gives amnesty for simply setting foot on our soil. We cannot step foot into Mexico to bar them. I theory, they could flop board onto concertina wire and get a foot on our soil, so we need a contingency to deny them what they perceive as their right after entry. The only way to completely deny them access successfully (a big damn wall) can't be finished in years, much less by their expected arrival time.

No, removing the amnesty clause and immediate deportation is the only way we are going to keep these invaders from setting up camp here.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15555 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hell yes!!

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5734 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
When trucks stop, it's usually young men who sprint to reach them first . Women carrying children or pushing strollers are at a disadvantage.

On Saturday night, a nun scolded the men and urged the women to be more aggressive in pursuing the rides.

This is the best and brightest that the Democrats want in our country. But hey, these well-fed males are acting just like a Democrat; greedy conniving shits.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16666 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
Imagine the largest armed non-military mass waiting on the American side of the border willing to do what it takes to preserve our country.

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4571 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
seems like a good spot to "test out" a large bomb type product to destroy a bridge ; would be right on the river crossing of the Tehuantepec River at the 185....

just saying.....

it should happen

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11269 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Looking at the map about four posts up, the Honduran Horde's arrival before election day was a bit optimistic.

Posts: 10908 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JohnCourage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
Looking at the map about four posts up, the Honduran Horde's arrival before election day was a bit optimistic.

I was thinking this as well, without direct transport the invaders will not be at the border in time to disrupt election day.

JC

Posts: 1269 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Big Grin Maybe they're just delaying until the Dems can take over Congress too? I can't see them caring about the midterms - their "problem" is in the Executive branch, and their hopes rest in the Judiciary branch.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post