SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Another border invasion caravan coming: Left hopes to whip up family separation storm before midterm
Page 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 27
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another border invasion caravan coming: Left hopes to whip up family separation storm before midterm Login/Join 
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
There is nowhere for these troops to stay, they can't just line up a the Holiday Inn Express in Loredo. They will likely have to provide their won accommodations.

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Just shut down all immigration to the US until the Congress decides to function like adults and accomplish their constitutionally mandated responsibilities to this country and its citizens. Then we don't have to split hairs about letting any of these Central American cockroaches in.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
Just shut down all immigration to the US until the Congress decides to function like adults and accomplish their constitutionally mandated responsibilities to this country and its citizens. Then we don't have to split hairs about letting any of these Central American cockroaches in.

This is the most sensible solution.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:

As I understand it, Trump has the power to unilaterally shut down all immigration into the USA.

Having said that, how is that going to stop the "caravans" from storming out border?

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elk Hunter:
Having said that, how is that going to stop the "caravans" from storming out border?
It won't stop them from crossing the border illegally, but it should provide the means for the military and border patrol to push them back over the border, and or eject them from the country, since we won't be taking any 'refugee' or 'asylum' requests. Personally, I think this would play very well politically for Trump and the Repub's if they opted for this action.

I'm still hoping Trump puts the president of Mexico's balls in a vice and crushes them mercilessly until Mexico turns this mob around.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
Is there any word that Governor Abott might activate the Texas State Guard?

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3588 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TXJIM:
There is nowhere for these troops to stay, they can't just line up a the Holiday Inn Express in Loredo. They will likely have to provide their won accommodations.

Believe me troops can stay anywhere, anytime. They bring their own accommodations,and practice repeatedly deploying to any environment on Earth.

Most battles aren't fought near a Holiday Inn. Big Grin

Posts: 12660 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:

You've obviously never been in the military.
That's civie concerns you are talking about.

Where do you think the military stays in times of war? They sleep in vehicles, tents, or they build / have built their own places to stay.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:

You've obviously never been in the military.
That's civie concerns you are talking about.

Where do you think the military stays in times of war? They sleep in vehicles, tents, or they build / have built their own places to stay.

My comment was in response to the post above stating that an advanced engineering group was going down to build tents and how it was speculated to be for the illegals. My point being, any accommodations being built by troops would be for the troops that follow, not the illegals.

I should have quoted that post as mine would have made more sense with that context.

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Ah, gotcha. Sorry for the tone, I'm tracking what you are saying.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jerkyjer
posted Hide Post
They are absolutely headed to CA. Trains from mex city to TJ

War Eagle!

Posts: 206 | Registered: April 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
Moonbeam, no. Abbot, yes. What's got me really wondering is that Trump's apparently the one calling in reinforcements, and I can't see Trump letting them cross the river if it can be physically prevented.

One option he may be considering is letting the storm the border. I can tell you that half the democrats and most of the moderates will be disgusted with CNNs coverage of the poor, poor immigrants and get really pissed about the invasion. What a easy way to get the funding for the wall. It's one thing for compassionate people to want to let some in, it's a whole different ballgame when we are having our border stormed.

May be that it's just a political move, make obvious effort to stop them, stop short of shooting anyone, pressure Mexico to take in and stop as many as possible. By the time they reach border let's say half accept asylum in Mexico, many will be too sunburnt and hungry to continue, others will realize the futility in their attempts. In the end we keep most out by attrition, the ones that actually climb fences we arrest, and the ones that seek asylum for bull shit claimes disappear into the country while awaiting a hearing. Let's say the final number is 2,500, he may be taking the calculated risk people's disgust gets the wall built and in exchange for 2,500 one time we stop 2,500 every day after its built.

I'd weigh the political capital gained Vs percentage increase in total illegal population from a one time event if I were President. Plus after the outrage President Trump's treat to withhold aid payments doubles in effect if he's got the backing of the people and Congress to stop this assault with any means necessary.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
There is nowhere for these troops to stay, they can't just line up a the Holiday Inn Express in Loredo.

Big Grin

best post of the day

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54608 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jerkyjer:
They are absolutely headed to CA.

Wouldn't surprise me one bit.

Texas and Arizona have voter ID laws, CA doesn't. So far, since AB-60 passed, almost 900,000 illegals have received their CA driver's licenses, leading to possible voting registration. Plus it is illegal to ID voters in CA, I have known folks who have had someone vote in their place unknowingly.

Illegals are gold in CA.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16679 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sabonim
Picture of Wayniac
posted Hide Post
Even some Mexicans distrust the motivations of the migrants. Watch this short video of the waste and filth left in the wake of the caravan.

Link

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride! ~Hunter S. Thompson

Posts: 1438 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
let's see, Irish, asian's, swede's, pole's, czech's, german's,

when you think about it, isn't it just their turn ?

it seems like there should be at least 6,000,000 people here that could scrape up $12,000,000 per year for three or four years to help them get on their feet and become productive American citizens

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54608 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Bendable, no it's not their turn, there are between 12-20 million here illegally. We've already kicked in millions upon millions for them. I'm not paying one more fucking cent for them. I'm a charitable person, but I prefer to choose who I aid, and I never aid criminals.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
An invasion force financed by enemies of the United states doesn't get "a turn".

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
A video by Sara Carter

a bit slow at first, but it discusses how the Mexican drug cartels have operations all over our country.

Something to think about when you ponder our open border.

http://notinveinusa.com/

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...immigration-n2531233

As a caravan of 7,000 plus migrants continues its journey toward the Southern border of the United States hoping to gain entry presumably without obtaining legal status, experts on the subject of illegal immigration and the opioid crisis have released an educational video warning of the connection between the two.

Journalist Sara Carter, who has covered everything from national security, terrorism, immigration, the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, and — notably — the often-volatile situation at the U.S. border with Mexico, has released a new video titled “Not In Vein,” a short-film that describes in some detail how the opioid crisis in the U.S. is funded and exacerbated by Mexican drug cartels. Additionally, the film connects unchecked immigration to the presence of cartel foot soldiers within the U.S who sell deadly narcotics such as Fentanyl to unsuspecting users, many of them teenagers.

"There are a lot of normal people [within the ranks of illegal immigrants] just looking for a better life,” Carter says. “But there are a lot of things going on behind the scenes we're not aware of. Within these groups of people drug cartels will place members of their gangs, who understand and have adapted to our laws, and who end up in high schools because they shave their beards and lie about their age at the border."

Posts: 19565 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
let's see, Irish, asian's, swede's, pole's, czech's, german's,

when you think about it, isn't it just their turn ?

it seems like there should be at least 6,000,000 people here that could scrape up $12,000,000 per year for three or four years to help them get on their feet and become productive American citizens
You cannot be serious.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107507 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post