SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Jr is retiring.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jr is retiring. Login/Join 
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted
Dale Earnhardt Jr announced today that he is hanging his helmet up after this year. I'm really surprised that he came back this year.

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good for him. The concussion stuff was a wake up call. No use chasing a ghost to make other people happy. I hope he enjoys the hell out of the second half of his life.

Posts: 4277 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Changing of the guard picks up momentum. Gordon and Stewart last year, Earnhardt this, and a whole raft of other drivers at 40 or better.

Posts: 13237 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm surprised he came back this year too. I understand wanting to go out on your own terms, but I think how well Alex Bowman ran last year was a real wake up call.

Posts: 872 | Location: TN | Registered: December 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
I was also surprised he came back. I did not want him to

I have been a Jr fan since, well, since forever. I have a diecast replica of his first win signed by him, one of the car he won the Pepsi 400 in after his dad died signed by him, and his first 500 win car signed by him

I did not want him to come back

Honestly, i don't want to see another Earnhardt die live on TV

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
He and Carl are at the front of a newer generation of guys getting to that age.

Where you start thinking about life and what you really want out of it.

Some of the older guys didn't run their first race until their mid-late 20s. Guys like Carl and DJ have been doing it since before they had a driver's license. They've put in their time, and they earned their place, and they're not going to run out of money.

I'm glad to see some of them are smart enough to make the right decision.

Plus it makes a spot for the next rising star.

Posts: 10740 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Thought enough of him to copy his "Budweiser" car graphics and number! With considerable necessary alterations!
Hope he didn't mind! LOL!

Ladies and Gents. I present the 2 time regional points champion,
and one time national points leader...

The number 8 "Mudweiser" SP class Lawnmower!
(Yea we ran on mud, dirt or grass only)

And like Dale, retired from racing....

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4128 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was a fan of his dad. I am glad he is getting out now.

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is that good men have insurance." JALLEN

Posts: 961 | Location: Shadow of St. Helens | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
I am going to Talladega next week and probably for the last time. My first race was in 86 and I have been back probably 50 times. I don't know any of the drivers anymore, the sponsors, etc.

Posts: 5616 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
Good for him!

FYI - Saturday is Dale Earnhardt Day at DEI in Mooresville.

Posts: 4009 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
Saw this, but I think it's fake news
I wish it were true

http://www.react365.com/5900dc...-busch-retiring.html

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post