SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    *KARMA*: For all military folks (Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, CG, NG, Reserve) past and present, this AR-15 is for you. ***WINNER = watchman***
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

*KARMA*: For all military folks (Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, CG, NG, Reserve) past and present, this AR-15 is for you. ***WINNER = watchman*** Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted
Thank you all for your services and sacrifices.

If you or any of your family members fall into any of the mentioned categories, you are eligible.
Hey, I would love to hear stories and see pics, if you care to share.

The Karmanator will pick the winner on Memorial Day. Apology to folks in the ban territories.

The gun: I am the original owner of this FrankenAR. It has not been fired, but everything seems to function fine.
Specs:
Upper (directly from Primary Arms): Seekins Precision complete upper, 16-inch chrome moly barrel, .223 Wylde chamber, 15-inch MCSR KeyMod forearm.
Lower (directly from PK Firearms): POF-USA Gen 2 complete lower.
Miscellaneous: Magpul MBUS sights, VLTOR Modstock, 30-rounder.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 12131,

Q

Posts: 26339 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Short. Fat. Bald.
Costanzaesque.

Picture of TexasScrub
posted Hide Post
Wow! Most generous! Here is a pic from 2ID in Korea, I was studying for the promotion boards. Got pinned the last day in country. Felt good.

Posts: 1983 | Location: Victoria, TX | Registered: February 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's a good looking rifle, please count me in.

I'm an active duty Soldier with almost 15 years in. Spent half my time infantry enlisted and the last half as a signal officer. I'm currently a company commander preparing for my 5th combat deployment.

Thanks for the opportunity and good luck to all!

Posts: 2016 | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
Wow count me in.
You never cease to amaze 12131.

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1540 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
Did 11 years back during Viet Nam days. One of 8 of us alerted to expedite transport to Nam. I was the only one who didn't get called. 5 of the 7 that went did not come back.

I spent 9+ years on the East-West German border, watching the commies watch us. Razz

Please include me in your karma. And a very generous one it is.

Thanks for your support of our military.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25642 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Old Surfer
posted Hide Post
What a great karma 12131,thanks so much, please count me in. I'm a Viet Nam vet, 1968.

Posts: 1639 | Location: South East Mo. | Registered: March 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Very generous indeed, please count me in.

23 years U.S.N. to include an incident with Libya (VF-74), Desert Storm (VF-2) and being attached with the first ship on-site after the USS Cole was bombed (USS Tarawa).

If I am so lucky as to win this, certain mods might need to be made - I'm in Commiefornia - such as the magazine is a no-no as is the hand-grip (I will send one which makes the weapon magically legal and incapable of being deadly - lol).

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14034 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Distinguished Pistol Shot
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the chance. I was a forward observer in the Mo National Guard.

Posts: 832 | Location: South Central MO | Registered: August 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of buckeye1
posted Hide Post
USN 195-1956 MM1, USNR MML1 1956-1961
Would be great to setup for a new 1-eyed shooter
Thanks for the chance.

Posts: 51 | Location: Phoenix Az. | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
USAF 1954 to 1974. Cannot say what I did during my Europe service but the last 10 was in SAC with the 308SMW.

Thanks for the chance of KARMA.

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
These were my "at sea" homes during my 20 year career in the Navy. Aug. 1962 - April 1983

USS Sabalo SS 302

USS Carp SS 338

USS Cusk SS 348

USS Guardfish SSN 575

USS Seawolf SSN 575

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
Sweet rifle!
USN 1983-89

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6209 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Holy crap that's generous! I'm in thank you. I don't own any "black" rifles.

Here's an old snap of me as a Ltjg doing payline duty on the messdecks around '76. Yup things were different back then: beards, smoking, etc. LOL

Was Army enlisted, then took a Naval commission. Overall served in one capacity or another from '66 to '99.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16183 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rexles
posted Hide Post
Thanks
U S Navy 71-75

NRA Life member
NRA Certified Instructor
"Our duty is to serve the mission, and if we're not doing that, then we have no right to call what we do service" Marcus Luttrell

Posts: 1113 | Location: Holland, OH | Registered: May 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
WOW!!! Thank you so much for what you do for our military. Memorial Day is the day after my birthday that would be a birthday to remember. Thank you so much.

A day in the life of a Infantry grunt in West Germany in 1973.

Posts: 13020 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fizteach
posted Hide Post
Wow. USMC Vietnam era 1973-1976. Trained as a grunt ended up guarding a Navy ship and Embassy Duty in Bonn, Germany.

Get over it!!

Posts: 669 | Location: Campbell, TX | Registered: September 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2tonicP220
posted Hide Post
Thank you very much for the chance of this very generous Karma. Every male in my family/extended family, have served in some branch of the military.

Back when I was an Infantry LT aboard "Mr. Zog" at Hohenfels Germany, training before some of the unit shipped out for Desert Storm ... Better have loved mud.

Posts: 2049 | Location: NW PA | Registered: March 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fly High, A.J.
Picture of tk13
posted Hide Post
Extremely generous karma, please include me. Four generations in my family have served. My grandfather served in the U.S. Army in WWI (I also had an uncle by marriage who served in the German Army in WWI), my father in the U.S. Army Air Corps in WWII. 2 brothers served during the Vietnam era, and 2 sisters during the 70s and 80s. I was in the Army during the 80's. This is me re-enlisting on the USS Arizona memorial in 1988 (I'm on the left).

My son is currently in the Navy, and this will go to to him if I am chosen. This is him at his enlistment last July.

Posts: 1647 | Location: Suffolk, VA | Registered: March 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The One, the Only Mighty Paragon
Picture of Paragon
posted Hide Post
Wow, tremendous generosity! I come from a family with two members: my dad was a Korean war vet (Navy E-3) and my brother was a tanker in Germany and S. Korea.

NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer

Posts: 12062 | Location: Central FL | Registered: April 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of watchman
posted Hide Post
Very generous offer and thank you! Count me in. Navy 1984-1991.

I love it when my Freudian slips are on base with the subject matter.

Posts: 2594 | Location: PA | Registered: March 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post