SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Love yourselves some Tony's Clam Chowder
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Love yourselves some Tony's Clam Chowder Login/Join 
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P210:
quote:
Originally posted by jimb888:
Tony's canned stuff is good, but my big critism is that there is too much sand. When I get old and lose my teeth it won't matter, but until then, I hate grinding my teeth with chowder that has sand in it.

Anybody besides jimb888 find sand in theirs? I sipped nervously through the first couple cans after reading his post but it’s turned out to be grit free. Maybe he got a bad batch or I got a good one but for now I’m in love.

I've lost count at how many cans of Tony's we've had now. We've never noticed any sand/grit at all.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Min-Chin-Chu-Ru... Speed with Glare
posted Hide Post
My order of Tony's, ordered due to the raves in this thread, arrived today.

I've got whole milk, but no half and half. Has anyone diluted a can with whole milk?

Thanks

Posts: 1266 | Location: MA | Registered: December 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by M'headSig:
My order of Tony's, ordered due to the raves in this thread, arrived today.

I've got whole milk, but no half and half. Has anyone diluted a can with whole milk?

Thanks

We use whole milk most of the time instead of half and half. It'll still taste great.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
I use whole milk too. But I don’t fill the can all the way up as I would be using half and half.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
The Lobster Bisque is in stock.
https://www.tonyschowder.com/order/

Posts: 6956 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Tried it but I guess I just do not like clam chowder period. My wife said it was good, not great. She thought it would have been better with less of the half and half. It was thinner and milder making it exactly like the directions.

Posts: 17880 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post