SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How to be an international gold smuggler!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How to be an international gold smuggler! Login/Join 
My Time is Yours
Picture of davetruong
posted
How to Become an International Gold Smuggler

I used to do business with NTR a decade or so ago but didn't get a right feeling about them...can't believe they are a $3billion company!!!

God, Family, Country.

Posts: 6008 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: October 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4571 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Gold is something governments consider contraband?

Seems like a scam to steal private property to me.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31422 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Why would it be illegal to move gold, it's a metal, if you hold it you own it, outside of being a thief, why would it be illegal to sell gold and carry it with you.

Most likely they use the drug trade as an excuse to go after gold transfers, and it's wealth moving without taxation, a bigger issue.

I know a guy that gets gold, silver etc from using a metal detector on the beaches, said he made over $40K one year, but you have to sell it through specific gold dealers so the state gets a huge cut out of "found metals" high taxes on this stuff forces people underground.

be reasonable on taxation and nobody would hide money...

Posts: 23375 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
hahah, dave I have a story you'd love.

One of my clients, a SUPER rich developer in Lancaster PA got in big trouble smuggling gold dust back from Africa. They would charter private jets and load them up with the gold. Their last trip the jet got confiscated with their gold.

The great part about it is this man is worth an INSANE amount of money.. Like 9 figures easy. He was smuggling gold because he was bored Razz

Im trying to find the article about it.

ETA: http://www.courthousenews.com/...gold-dust-smugglers/

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I think you need to change your first name to Auric.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37949 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
His biggest mistake was not giving the .gov their cut. That pisses 'em off.

Posts: 5759 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
Is this why I don't see those "We'll buy your gold!" commercials anymore?

Posts: 3374 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
Read the whole (long) article. Not excusing anything Vilches did, but it almost sounds like a bit of a cartel-like system (like diamonds?) where you only get to play if you are in the club and the cartel and the government work together to scratch each other's backs. It is not surprising that folks try to cut the corners...

Posts: 6909 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Awesome article, thanks for posting.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20805 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post