SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I like this better than a rabbit with a pancake on its head
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I like this better than a rabbit with a pancake on its head Login/Join 
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted
I find this unexpectedly, oddly pleasurable and escapist to watch. It is a Japanese white eyed bird according to the description.

https://youtu.be/pLiBuzwN36E

Posts: 7254 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG's 'n Surefires
Picture of M-11
posted Hide Post
[Removed by poster as posting before thinking]

"Common sense is wisdom with its sleeves rolled up." -Kyle Farnsworth
"Freedom of Speech does not guarantee freedom from consequences." -Mike Rowe
"Democracies aren't overthrown, they're given away." -George Lucas

Posts: 6880 | Location: IL, due south of the Arch | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by M-11:
UC Berkeley student?
What does this mean?

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Thanks I like that video too. Please keep the damn politics out of pleasurable threads!

Posts: 11840 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG's 'n Surefires
Picture of M-11
posted Hide Post
Poor taste. My apologies. remove as required.

"Common sense is wisdom with its sleeves rolled up." -Kyle Farnsworth
"Freedom of Speech does not guarantee freedom from consequences." -Mike Rowe
"Democracies aren't overthrown, they're given away." -George Lucas

Posts: 6880 | Location: IL, due south of the Arch | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
You have 6000 posts in this forum, and that puts you into the 'no excuse' category

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
My cockatiels (AKA: poop and squawk birds) used to love having their necks scratched.

Cool video. and as you said, surprisingly relaxing for me and the birdie!

Thanks,

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20321 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
LOL - I was waiting for the bird to become so relaxed it would fall off its perch.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jodel-Time
Picture of Mboroman
posted Hide Post
Definitely relaxing. Reminds me of the one with the monkey getting its face combed.

Posts: 562 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: May 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
Meh. Birdies can't purr.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18388 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Cute, but the bunny and pancake is so mysterious.
Nothing beats that!

How did it get there.
What is it doing there.

????

Big Grin

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19186 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Airpusher
posted Hide Post
Agreed, the bunny with a pancake on it's head is an internet phenomenon.

A man is still only as good as his word

Posts: 220 | Location: Flowery Branch, Georgia | Registered: October 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
quote:
the bunny and pancake is so mysterious.

How did it get there.
What is it doing there.

theory 1: the bunny was trying to carry concealed using 'pancake holster' but didn't follow instructions, ending up with only 'pancakes'......

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9854 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Snapping Twig
posted Hide Post
I used to have parrots. My friend has a cockatoo and when I walk by she says hello, I say scratch? and it's on like donkey kong. I better deliver!

Birds love attention and especially a good scratch.

Posts: 2831 | Registered: May 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Weird.

I wonder how someone came up with the idea, "You know what? I bet it will relax that bird if we stroke it with Q tips."

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19659 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
Weird.

I wonder how someone came up with the idea, "You know what? I bet it will relax that bird if we stroke it with Q tips."

What are you stroking your bird with? This is a complete no brainer to me, never heard of a better product, but I am willing to try what you are using.

Got any links?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20820 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
Bird sure had the angry birds look down pat at first.

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
Birds LOVE their head scratched or rubbed. I have three parrots and they love getting scratched on their head where they can't groom themselves.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
He did look grumpy at first.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At the end of that video, this is one that was recommended. It, too, was very calming to watch.

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8YaSbC5Gk0

Posts: 2771 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post