SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    6 Degrees it's cold !
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

6 Degrees it's cold ! Login/Join 
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
So: Snow + Michigan = Salt. Lots and lots of salt. So much it'll turn black road surfaces white. There will be, literally, piles of it in intersections. When it dries enough, passing vehicles will raise clouds of the stuff.

I am not exaggerating this one iota.

Imagine what that does to vehicles. I decided "Not this time, dammit!" So I've been pushing my luck, getting the Jeep washed despite the temperatures. "I'll just get out there with a towel and wipe-down all the door seals and flanges after a wash."

That seems to be working, so far. Even in 0°F temperatures.

Unfortunately: Forgot the fuel filler door. Stuck shut Frown

This is what I hated about MD, where we lived for 35 years. The SALT. Any small amount of snow would bring out the salt trucks, and that stuff stuck around until spring. The melting piles of snow just released more and more gray salt on to the roads. It wasn't until June or so that it was clear. In the meantime, I kept washing/rinsing my vehicle to get rid of the stuff.

Posts: 10785 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Floyd D. Barber:

It's a trap...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43876 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post

Currently at Sunsetville @9:07 pm esdt, no letup in the big refrigerator.

The humidity level is so very dry.

My cat Inky, and good buddy is sleeping in the recliner next to me. He doesn't like the TV on while he sleeps.. Confused

In a few minutes, going to bring 5 dogs inside to the basement.

Early this am around 5, I woke up and looked at the Accurite screen, 3°.

I will never complain about the hot weather in the summer again.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
It's going down to -6 tonight. With the wind chill, it will be -15.
The high for tomorrow is supposed to be 10 degrees.
I'm glad I don't have to go anywhere tomorrow.

By Thursday, it's predicted to be 45 and raining.

I know -6 isn't that a big deal for folks in Montana, Michigan, Minnesota, etc., but it's still pretty cold.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16513 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WaterburyBob:
It's going down to -6 tonight. With the wind chill, it will be -15.
The high for tomorrow is supposed to be 10 degrees.
I'm glad I don't have to go anywhere tomorrow.

By Thursday, it's predicted to be 45 and raining.

I know -6 isn't that a big deal for folks in Montana, Michigan, Minnesota, etc., but it's still pretty cold.

Same in Taxachusetts this morning.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12436 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Egads!!! You guys have my sympathies...46° here in capital city.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fool for the City
Picture of MRMATT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MRMATT:
The water pipes to one bathroom are frozen. Looks like I've got my project for the day.

Finally, free-flowing hot and cold water.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington.

Posts: 5292 | Location: Pottstown, PA | Registered: April 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
It actually went down to -11 early this morning. It's going to warm up a bit every day this week until Friday, where it's predicted to be 48-50 degrees with rain. That's a 60 degree difference in 5 days! 50 degrees will feel warm after -11.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16513 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post