SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    6 Degrees it's cold !
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

6 Degrees it's cold ! Login/Join 
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sunset_Va:
It was a low of 4° at 7 am at Sunsetville , last night I brought my 2 Shiba Inu and 3 Beagles inside to the basement.

They are used to the routine.

Bad part is getting up early to take them out.

My 3 Siberians like this cold.

I don't.

My black Lab (Miss Dorkhound) seems to not care. She finds a sunny spot in the pine needles, curls up, and gets a nap.

A neighbor from way out the road rang the doorbell yesterday morning: "I saw that your door is shut and your dog has been out for a while. It's 13°, are you all okay?"

I thought it was very nice of her to stop and ask, rather than to call police or animal control. She seemed very relieved when I told her that Miss Dorkhound has a heated, insulated house. Big Grin

God bless America.

Posts: 13486 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by giz55792:
Still sitting at -18 in northern Minny. After a week of this crap, I'd be happy with 6 above.

Oh the snowmobiles run sooo good in this cold weather. Worked up in Eveleth for two years with -20 degree days...ahhhh memories.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4829 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
The weather man said if you have any brass monkeys in your back yard, bring them in the house tonight.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30641 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
The weather man said if you have any brass monkeys in your back yard, bring them in the house tonight.

Too funny! We hit our high for the day.... 0! Woke up this morning to -14 with -31 wind chill!!!

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"

Posts: 2667 | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Chilly 28°F here in Dallas right now. Probably was below 20°F overnight (didn't check). Cold enough for me! No snow, though.

I noticed a distinct lack of fireworks and gunfire last midnight--I guess everyone was staying inside where it was warm.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
Just returned from working a shoot at the fun club.
It was a balmy 0F when I left home, at 8am.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:

A Radio chum in Pennsylvania used to say that when it got really cold. (Winter 1976) He said station manager was clueless, until a listener informed him.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sunny and breezy. 9 degrees. Chilly, even for the Yoop.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16067 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
John has a
long moustashe
Picture of john1
posted Hide Post
And up at 10,000 feet in the central rockies we have 32 and blue skies (wind at 16-20 mph).
Broke a sweat taking down the missus' Christmas lights...

Posts: 590 | Location: Rural NW Oklahoma | Registered: June 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by msfzoe:
Just returned from working a shoot at the fun club.
It was a balmy 0F when I left home, at 8am.
The "fun club"? I suppose that could be accurate, but did you really mean "gun club"?

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
The "fun club"? I suppose that could be accurate, but did you really mean "gun club"?

It's where you go to get group therapy.

Posts: 27925 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
-5 tonight here in Cincinnati.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36838 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
65 out here in California right now.

--------------------------------------

Posts: 3477 | Location: Central California | Registered: April 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 08 Cayenne
posted Hide Post
-3 last night, 7 today, my furnace is shot so no heat. 48 in my house now. New furnace won't be installed until Jan 9.

Posts: 1580 | Location: Ohio | Registered: May 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
I had to laugh when I read Vanwall post on first page. Where I am in NE Ohio we get Lake Effect snow. The 12 degrees is right, but we must have at least 15 inches of snow. Can’t wait for Lake Erie to freeze. Such is weather in NE Ohio.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
-10 this morning in the Kansas City area.

Posts: 7393 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of side_shot
posted Hide Post
its climate change not global warming so i have been told

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
--Benjamin Franklin, 1759--

Special Edition - Reverse TT 229ST.Sig Logo'd CTC Grips., Bedair guide rod

Posts: 1245 | Location: New Hampshire "Live Free or Die"  | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
I went down to the store a few minutes ago...

It's so danged cold out, I saw two fire hydrants fighting over a dog! Eek Big Grin

God bless America.

Posts: 13486 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
It's a balmy 17° here in Mogadishu on the Mississippi. Tomorrow night supposed to be 6 or 9 or something nutty like that.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
-16 at 10 am when I left the house this morning. High today was -5. Same for tomorrow. ugh.. Des Moines Iowa area.

Posts: 174 | Registered: February 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post