SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    6 Degrees it's cold !
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

6 Degrees it's cold ! Login/Join 
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
Nothing makes 6° this morning suck like a text from a friend in Florida, telling me how lovely her weather is. Razz

I'll take the cold over the sweltering heat, hurricanes and palmetto bugs any day of the week and twice on Sunday Smile

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Coldest it got here was last week when I had to ride motorcycle to Doctors appointment at 8am.

34 degrees in Tucson foothills. (Should have taken the bus)

I'm on a new prostate medication which also lowers my blood pressure, thus my greater inability to handle cold temps.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Nothing makes 6° this morning suck like a text from a friend in Florida, telling me how lovely her weather is. Razz

I'll take the cold over the sweltering heat, hurricanes and palmetto bugs any day of the week and twice on Sunday Smile

You and me both.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30299 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
You people are making me jealous. It's still 27 here in eastern North Carolina. I hate warm weather in the winter Smile

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ukhayes
posted Hide Post
Woke up to 4 degrees here in northern TN.

Posts: 496 | Location: White House,TN | Registered: May 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
Current wind chill:

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honor and Integrity
posted Hide Post
It's -10 right now with wind chill sitting at -25 in southern Wisconsin.

Posts: 2219 | Location: Fitchburg, WI | Registered: March 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
quote:

You and me both.

She tries to get me to move there.
No stinking way.

God bless America.

Posts: 13428 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
The cold tap water is still 44˚ but it was 0˚ with wind chill at dawn. We get all our water from reservoirs; close by, the river.

20+ years ago I fell in the Delaware River about this time of year; the water was about the same temperature - although it started to feel warmer the longer I was in there, as my buddies ran out of ideas to get me out. I think my body of today would not have withstood the shock and immersion as well . . .

I finally got out on my own, with the urging of a drummer-salesman friend, the most level-headed of our group.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At 6 am this morning -18 F and -39 F wind chill. At noon we are in a heat wave at -9 F and -25 F wind chill.

Posts: 474 | Location: Minnesota  | Registered: June 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Whoohoo, a balmy 35 here in capital city!

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4330 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Here's my forecast for the week. Can't say I don't like it because I love cold weather.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
18° now, expected to get 5-6° overnight.

Posts: 27839 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pursuing the wicked
Picture of rangemaster
posted Hide Post
Reached -2 overnight here in North Central WV. Haven’t seen those temps in quite awhile.

Posts: 1620 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: December 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Vacationing on Little Gasparilla Island in Florida. The front just blew through. It’s low 60’s, overcast, windy, and the sea is angry today.

Headed home in a couple days. Ugh.

Posts: 828 | Location: STL | Registered: January 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
It was a low of 4° at 7 am at Sunsetville , last night I brought my 2 Shiba Inu and 3 Beagles inside to the basement.

They are used to the routine.

Bad part is getting up early to take them out.

My 3 Siberians like this cold.

I don't.

Frown

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Failing to prepare is
preparing to fail.
Picture of SigLaw
posted Hide Post
I guess I won't complain, currently 64 and an expected high of 72.

Posts: 1355 | Location: Gilbert, AZ | Registered: November 08, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

In addition to big bugs, cold weather is great medicine for professional begging. Also, during cold weather, nobody runs out of gas and needs a few bucks to get to their mother's funeral.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8202 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
In addition to big bugs, cold weather is great medicine for professional begging. Also, during cold weather, nobody runs out of gas and needs a few bucks to get to their mother's funeral.

There is an interstate off-ramp that I use frequently. Bums like to hang out there with their little cardboard signs. I couldn't help but notice that they only choose good weather. Never when it's too hot or cold, never in the rain. Stand out there in some freezing rain and I might think you really need help.

Posts: 27839 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigcrazy7:
quote:
quote:

cold weather is great medicine for professional begging. Also, during cold weather, nobody runs out of gas and needs a few bucks to get to their mother's funeral.

I hated going to downtown Salt Lake City when it was warm. Basically accosted by panhandlers.
Here in beautiful N.E. Ohio, cough cough, it keeps the hookers and heroin dealers inside. Roll Eyes

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post