SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    6 Degrees it's cold !
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

6 Degrees it's cold ! Login/Join 
Dances With
Tornados
posted
Ugh it's 6 degrees in OKC right now at 9:45 AM. Looking out the window it's a beautiful blue sky day.

I'd like to go out for breakfast and walk the trails but I think I'll stay inside.

Posts: 11839 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's 12 with a light dusting of snow here in NE Ohio.

Posts: 921 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Current conditions, Craig, MT MP 240 weather site I-15.

-25° this morning, with wind chill at -42° .

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
It's a quarter after 10:00, and it has already warmed up to -13 in Minneapolis. The weather guy says it actually may warm up to 0 or +3 today!

Downright toasty!

Sigforum axiom #87: No matter how bad you have it, someone else on Sigforum has it worse.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of giz55792
posted Hide Post
Still sitting at -18 in northern Minny. After a week of this crap, I'd be happy with 6 above.

Posts: 711 | Location: Virginia, MN | Registered: October 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
You Minnesota guys should go fishing today.

Posts: 11839 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's 5° here at 11:25 AM in my area of the Bluegrass state.

To me, anything under 70° is to damn cold! Not looking forward to going to work on Wednesday, going to be a ccccoooolld morning. Frown

ARman

Posts: 3151 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Knuckledragger
Picture of IndyRob
posted Hide Post
Currently 1 degree here with wind chills dropping us to -35 here in Indianapolis.

Almost makes me want to move south... Almost

Posts: 7358 | Location: Greater Indianapolis Area | Registered: October 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
What's up with all this cold temps hanging on for 2 weeks? Not much snow and thats fine but you sure cant do much.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It’s 17 at my house here in north Texas. I’m glad it doesn’t get this cold most winters.
There is no way I could live up north where some of you do though.

Posts: 3953 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
It's currently 7°F and sunny here in S.E. Michigan. When I went to bed this morning at about 01:30 or so it had been down to -3°F.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
You really don't want to know our temp's but at least for us we call this cold... ( West Central Florida )

Posts: 3851 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Balmy 32 degrees here in Charleston at 1145. I just got back from extracting a flooded house too, things get even colder when there's water in the mix.

Posts: 2679 | Location: The Low Country | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
Woke up to 26 below with 47 below wind chill...

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2088 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
It’s cold for us here in NW Houston, currently up to 32. Supposed to get into the 20’s overnight which will freeze pipes and plants around here.

I know not sub zero, but this is cold for us in this part of Texas.
I grilled fajitas outside just two days ago and now in the twenties.

I found some monarch butterfly caterpillars (8) on my milkweed so I brought them inside and am feeding them cut milkweed till this blows over. Need to help the monarchs and bees.

Posts: 3499 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Nothing makes 6° this morning suck like a text from a friend in Florida, telling me how lovely her weather is. Razz

God bless America.

Posts: 13494 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
It was -2 at 7AM, up to about 10 now.

I haven't heard a peep about being "proof" from the Global Freezing crowd...

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 2009 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
Been running in the mid to upper forties here in Utah on the Wasatch Front. Can't complain, however we could use some snow. Need Lake Powell as full as possible next summer.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8217 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
Yeah, it was about 6 degrees here this morning and not much improvement in the near future. Been outside doing chores for about half an hour, even with my insulated jacket, gloves and stocking cap like to froze my cojones off.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
Zero now in western Missouri. Up from -10 or so this morning. Skated on New Years Eve at about -3.

My brother is wintering on his boat in Pensacola Beach, Florida. It is going to get down to 27 there tomorrow morning with wind chill of 13. Warmer high in Denver than Pensacola on Thursday. 51 vs 43 degrees F.

Posts: 7453 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post