SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Turkey to recall ambassadors from U.S, Israel
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Turkey to recall ambassadors from U.S, Israel Login/Join 
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
Bulldoze the buildings, sell the land. We don't need them.

Then build a Trump Tower & Golf complex...

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
I am so afraid that Turkey will begin refusing to except aid or getting any more arms from the US. That would certainly show us. What a bunch of turkeys!
Rod

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

Posts: 1673 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jprebb:
quote:
Originally posted by redstone:
I am supposed to travel to Turkey beginning of June for ten days. . . Man this has me worried.

Where are you headed?

JP

We are going to several cities, they want us to start bringing students over on a course credit travel program. Turkey is a hodgepodge of old world and new world. From philosophy to archeology it has all of it. I just hope they get their crap together soon.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3575 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by jprebb:
quote:
I am supposed to travel to Turkey beginning of June for ten days. . . Man this has me worried.

Where are you headed?

JP

We are going to several cities, they want us to start bringing students over on a course credit travel program.

Curious: Who is "they?"

quote:
Turkey is a hodgepodge of old world and new world. From philosophy to archeology it has all of it.

Including a steep rise in Islamic fundamentalism in recent years, aided, some suggest, by Erdogan himself.

This is a country, the leader of which is openly engaging in "diplomacy by hostage-taking," as noted in the article I referenced earlier.

His body guards openly beat protesters on U.S. soil and got away with it.

quote:
I just hope they get their crap together soon.

Doesn't appear likely. Erdogan is increasingly concentrating power in the Presidency. The country is increasingly resembling an authoritarian, dictatorial Islamist state more than the secular democracy its been for decades.

Once-upon-a-time I would've looked forward to visting, for the reasons you note, above. I wouldn't go there today on a bet. Keep a low profile and good luck!

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Once-upon-a-time I would've looked forward to visting, for the reasons you note, above. I wouldn't go there today on a bet.

Us too. On the growing list of places like this.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12348 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
Turkey wants the Islamic world to unite against Israel. I don't think that will go well for them.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wandering, but
not lost...I think
Picture of brywards
posted Hide Post
quote:

You’ll be fine. Politically, Turkey is a shitshow; otherwise, it’s fine to visit.

I have a lot of experience there. Feel free to ask me any questions about visiting Turkey.

Posts: 2715 | Location: West Texas | Registered: January 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Troll
posted Hide Post
Why not a peep from China?

They're laughing and smirking....

Turkey, screw em and when they're in trouble and they will be, don' t look at me Nato....

Posts: 261 | Registered: May 02, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig sailor:
I am so afraid that Turkey will begin refusing to except aid or getting any more arms from the US. That would certainly show us. What a bunch of turkeys!
Rod

This in spades.

They can go fuck themselves.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Birdvol:
Why not a peep from China?

They're too busy focusing on helping Russia in Syria.

http://www.newsweek.com/china-...s-israel-iran-924712

quote:
Turkey, screw em and when they're in trouble and they will be, don' t look at me Nato....

Which, with China, Russia, Iran, ISIW and Hezbollah all active just across the border in Syria, is likely to happen sooner rather than later.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Who cares ?

Posts: 90 | Registered: December 23, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:

So is my son, same time.

NRA Patron Member, Instructor and CRSO
NC CCH Instructor
GRNC Life Member
VCDL Member

Posts: 1832 | Registered: April 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No problem! Turkey is a dictatorship that tries to bully the neighboring nations. They have mistreated Christians for hundreds of years. I don’t get why NATO kisses their butts.

Posts: 507 | Registered: February 14, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
US foreign aid to Turkey is a more likely answer.
Since Trump has been in office things have changed a bit.
We once gave them $100 million plus each year. Last year it was in the $100's thousands, this year $80 something thousand.
They always threaten to cozy up to the Russians to put pressure on us to make concessions and give more. Let's see how much Vald values their friendship.
In spite of what many think, they are afraid of what the Iranians can do so watch them come running back if they think things look too good for them.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post