SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Turkey to recall ambassadors from U.S, Israel
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Turkey to recall ambassadors from U.S, Israel Login/Join 
Picture of downtownv
posted
TURKEY TO RECALL AMBASSADORS FROM U.S., ISRAEL

BY MAARIV ONLINE MAY 14, 2018 22:56

Turkey will recall its ambassadors from the United States and Israel, a spokesman for the Turkish government announced Monday.

The Turkish government also declared three days of mourning in Turkey, in memory of those killed in the Gaza Strip.

https://www.jpost.com/Breaking...rom-US-Israel-556419

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8318 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
They'll be back by Thanksgiving

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
you think it will take that long ? Big Grin

I'm guessing next Thursday

those Turks

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53085 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

now THAT'S funny! Wink

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8318 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There was a time when Turkey was relevant and we required their airspace. Not so much anymore. Enjoy your days of mourning.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
Weren't they the ones beating protesters out front of their embassy in DC?

Bye, Felicia!

Posts: 11151 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Ok, bye.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12743 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
I am supposed to travel to Turkey beginning of June for ten days. . . Man this has me worried.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3575 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I’m all busted up about this.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
There was a time when Turkey was relevant and we required their airspace. Not so much anymore. Enjoy your days of mourning.

I tried googling. Why doesn’t the US need Turkey any more.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19582 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:

Personally, I think Turkey should be kicked out of NATO, and if the EU had any sense they'd tell Turkey there's not a chance in hell it'll ever get into the EU.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
I don't know why Erdogan thinks that these big, dramatic gestures mean a damned thing to anyone else. Go hang out with Putin, old son, come back when you're sick enough of him to conduct yourself like an adult in decent company.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Whupdy fracking do

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
An example of why the U.S., NATO and the EU should distance themselves from Turkey: Turkish Opposition: Erdogan’s ‘Hostage Policy’ Won’t Work with U.S.

Furthermore, there were circumstances to suggest the "coup" was staged, to give Erdogan an excuse to seize more power, which he promptly did.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
I guess the next arms shipment we send to them should run into some delays, followed by a massie price increase.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3440 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
Seems to me Turkey is becoming another Islamic dictatorship.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jprebb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by redstone:
I am supposed to travel to Turkey beginning of June for ten days. . . Man this has me worried.

Where are you headed?

JP

Posts: 2041 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
quote:

Big Grin

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3758 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Bulldoze the buildings, sell the land. We don't need them.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11246 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:

I tried googling. Why doesn’t the US need Turkey any more.

Drones, enhanced ranges on ordinance delivery aircraft, enhanced long range refueling capabilities.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post