Turkey to recall ambassadors from U.S, Israel

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/8600067144

May 14, 2018, 05:54 PM
downtownv
Turkey to recall ambassadors from U.S, Israel
TURKEY TO RECALL AMBASSADORS FROM U.S., ISRAEL

BY MAARIV ONLINE MAY 14, 2018 22:56

Turkey will recall its ambassadors from the United States and Israel, a spokesman for the Turkish government announced Monday.

The Turkish government also declared three days of mourning in Turkey, in memory of those killed in the Gaza Strip.

https://www.jpost.com/Breaking...rom-US-Israel-556419

https://www.teampython.com

May 14, 2018, 05:59 PM
parabellum
They'll be back by Thanksgiving
May 14, 2018, 06:00 PM
nhtagmember
you think it will take that long ? Big Grin

I'm guessing next Thursday

those Turks

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

May 14, 2018, 06:03 PM
downtownv
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

now THAT'S funny! Wink

https://www.teampython.com

May 14, 2018, 06:19 PM
Graniteguy
There was a time when Turkey was relevant and we required their airspace. Not so much anymore. Enjoy your days of mourning.
May 14, 2018, 06:24 PM
Skull Leader
Weren't they the ones beating protesters out front of their embassy in DC?

Bye, Felicia!
May 14, 2018, 06:25 PM
ArtieS
Ok, bye.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.
May 14, 2018, 06:31 PM
redstone
I am supposed to travel to Turkey beginning of June for ten days. . . Man this has me worried.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson
May 14, 2018, 06:32 PM
arfmel
I’m all busted up about this.
May 14, 2018, 06:32 PM
Rey HRH
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
There was a time when Turkey was relevant and we required their airspace. Not so much anymore. Enjoy your days of mourning.

I tried googling. Why doesn’t the US need Turkey any more.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.
May 14, 2018, 06:54 PM
ensigmatic
quote:

Personally, I think Turkey should be kicked out of NATO, and if the EU had any sense they'd tell Turkey there's not a chance in hell it'll ever get into the EU.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher
May 14, 2018, 06:58 PM
Il Cattivo
I don't know why Erdogan thinks that these big, dramatic gestures mean a damned thing to anyone else. Go hang out with Putin, old son, come back when you're sick enough of him to conduct yourself like an adult in decent company.
May 14, 2018, 07:33 PM
CQB60
Whupdy fracking do

May 14, 2018, 07:58 PM
ensigmatic
An example of why the U.S., NATO and the EU should distance themselves from Turkey: Turkish Opposition: Erdogan’s ‘Hostage Policy’ Won’t Work with U.S.

Furthermore, there were circumstances to suggest the "coup" was staged, to give Erdogan an excuse to seize more power, which he promptly did.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher
May 14, 2018, 08:12 PM
medic451
I guess the next arms shipment we send to them should run into some delays, followed by a massie price increase.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"
May 14, 2018, 10:28 PM
Scoutmaster
Seems to me Turkey is becoming another Islamic dictatorship.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944
May 14, 2018, 10:38 PM
jprebb
quote:
Originally posted by redstone:
I am supposed to travel to Turkey beginning of June for ten days. . . Man this has me worried.

Where are you headed?

JP
May 14, 2018, 11:48 PM
Sailor1911
quote:

Big Grin

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016
May 15, 2018, 05:32 AM
MikeinNC
Bulldoze the buildings, sell the land. We don't need them.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker
May 15, 2018, 05:49 AM
Graniteguy
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:

I tried googling. Why doesn’t the US need Turkey any more.

Drones, enhanced ranges on ordinance delivery aircraft, enhanced long range refueling capabilities.