SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    It's screwed up that I start my day in this forum looking for threads to lock, but that's where we're at right now
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

It's screwed up that I start my day in this forum looking for threads to lock, but that's where we're at right now Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
I am going to say it again- everyone, please calm down. Stop creating new threads when there is already a thread on a given subject. Stop with the open displays of FEAR about whatever. Stop. Please.

Stop with thread after thread about what the fucking Democrats in Congress are doing. Stop creating threads to ask about hosting services. Stop creating threads just because some Goddamned politician made some Goddamned outrageous statement.

The world has not come to an end. Calm down and try to behave normally. Jesus Christ.

Posts: 107459 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Thanks, boss. Good to have you back Smile

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Thanks!

Myself and I'm sure many others need a refuge from the panic. I'm getting hit with panic via multiple communication methods and some friends and family are downright manic right now.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23194 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
Amen. I won't even post in those threads because of it. It wears me down.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5478 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You don’t fix faith,
River. It fixes you.

Picture of Yanert98
posted Hide Post
Amen. Slow the roll...

----------------------------------
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism.." - Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2673 | Location: Migrating with the Seasons | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
Amen Para. We are looking for encouragement and refuge here. We are constantly assaulted with bad news and fear mongering everywhere else already.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7069 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
On top of that I'd wager someone, somewhere is figuring a witty response to the boss right now.

You want to rethink that.

Don't do it.

This is neither the time nor the place.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5478 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sweet Chuckie
posted Hide Post
No witty response, just glad you're back. Smile

Posts: 250 | Location: White Sulphur Springs, MT | Registered: December 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
Glad you’re back, Para.

Posts: 4498 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So glad you are here. Words well written. Between ongoing health problems, the Covid mess, and not seeing you around here has me down. Now that you are back, i'll perk up a tiny bit. The health problems should improve in a month or two.
Covid? I don't know. Stay well.

Posts: 102 | Location: Kalifornia | Registered: September 17, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
Thank you Boss. I know I take comfort in the fact that there are so many great people here. I see members go above and beyond the call of duty time and time again and I know we are only a small sampling of the great people all around us.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
This was originally posted in the Trump thread, seems VERY appropriate here; A time for Calm, a time for Conversation, a time for Courage!

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCXxEUliGMg

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8862 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
4-H Shooting
Sports Instructor
Picture of Zecpull
posted Hide Post
Welcome back.. and this is one place that makes me know it is going to be Okay..

'The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but
> because he loves what is behind him.' G. K. Chesterton

NRA Endowment Life member
NRA Pistol instructor...and Range Safety instructor
Women On Target Instructor.

Posts: 9071 | Location: Wooster,Ohio | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome back! You have been missed... too bad it is for admonishing the crowd.

No quarter
.308/.223

Posts: 2083 | Location: Central Florida.  | Registered: March 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
This is going to make SF once again a good place to be.

Posts: 18042 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Amen! And Bump To The Top/

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
Thanks, boss. Good to have you back Smile

Second that!

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3762 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
The only thing we have to fear is fear itself....Winston Churchill

Posts: 11836 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome back. The place wasn't the same without you, which is a poor reflection on the users.

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2064 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
It’s screwed up that you have to do that.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29678 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post