SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Mortgage Paid Off Last Week. Got A Question.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mortgage Paid Off Last Week. Got A Question. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HuskySig:
quote:
Originally posted by Woodman:
Expect your credit score to drop 25-50 points. You can fiddle with your available credit, credit utilization, and things like that to get the score back up over several months.

Why am I not surprised by this? Credit scores and credit rating agencies are scams.

100%. If he needs a loan for something people will be lining up to give him money because they can still look at income verses outgoing and with no house payment he’s a desirable client, even more so. The banks are in collusion about credit score and we have all fallen for it.

Posts: 3867 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure I'd call it a scam, but that term will do until we come up with a better one. What actually happens some of the time is all that money that was paid to the bank is now going into a thing called "savings". I know, foreign to most all these days.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18381 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Congrats!

You'll sleep a lot better in your own house now that you don't live in the bank's house.

I wouldn't call the credit score a scam as much as I'd call it a credit cartel. Pay to play.

Posts: 9093 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Steve in PA
posted Hide Post
Less than 1 year left on our mortgage!!!! Can't wait!!

Steve
"The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Posts: 3436 | Location: Northeast PA | Registered: June 05, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Be sure the release is recorded.

I had a property that the lean holder never recorded the release and it was a real pain to get it released years later after the fact.

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Mine took a few months because it goes through government and they are in no hurry.
The bank will sent it in and the county or state (in my state anyway) makes sure there isn't a 2nd mortgage, then sends it to you showing the release of the mortgage lien.

Posts: 9434 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
No finer feeling than really owning your home!

Posts: 13665 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! It's a liberating feeling isn't it?

Been retired a dozen years on a relatively fixed income so getting the house paod off was mandatory before I could retire. Same with credit card debt...can't have it.

Can NOT imagine how folks live with a big mortgage, car payments and big time CC debt! Couldn't sleep at night.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations !! Paid ours off last year and the feeling is awesome . Keep up with your taxes and enjoy !

Posts: 3957 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
From the other comments, and thanks, y'all, for those, too, it sounds like we have nothing further to do, since the mortgage company is notifying the courthouse that has the lien recorded.

I agree 100% with sig2392 I’d follow up with the courthouse to insure that the release was recorded. If you used a title company and have a relationship, you may be able to get them to do a preliminary title report showing any liens, but going to the courthouse or clerk-recorder (wherever the records are kept in your jurisdiction) is more direct.

quote:
Originally posted by sig2392:
Be sure the release is recorded.

I had a property that the lean holder never recorded the release and it was a real pain to get it released years later after the fact.

Posts: 6861 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post