SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Sixty Five Years Ago Today
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sixty Five Years Ago Today Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Ok, try this one on! Listen to Ken Curtis as Festus, then put on "Rio Grande" with John Wayne and Maureen O'Hara. Watch the scene where the 'regimental singers' (actually "The Sons Of the Pioneers"!) come to serenade them after dinner. The lead tenor with that beautiful voice? Ken Curtis!

Posts: 309 | Location: Nevada | Registered: May 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sacramento Johnson:
Ok, try this one on! Listen to Ken Curtis as Festus, then put on "Rio Grande" with John Wayne and Maureen O'Hara. Watch the scene where the 'regimental singers' (actually "The Sons Of the Pioneers"!) come to serenade them after dinner. The lead tenor with that beautiful voice? Ken Curtis!
He was one of the original Sons of the Pioneers choral group.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sunset_Va:
Whiskey, rifles, pistols, wise doctors, good guys and bad guys...and Miss Kitty...

"I bet you've never heard old Marshal Dillon say
Miss Kitty have you ever thought of running away
Settling down would you marry me
If I ask you twice and beg you pretty please
She'd've said, "Yes" in a New York minute
They never tied the knot
His heart wasn't in it
He stole a kiss as he rode away
He never hung his hat up at Kitty's place"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LswzFiCPGwg

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
If you get MeTV, they run it Saturday afternoons as well as weekday afternoons. The Saturday ones are currently the black & white one-hour.

Posts: 27925 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
I love watching Gunsmoke on MeTV, and I too prefer the Chester years. And I still watch Bonanza, Big Valley, The Rifleman, and Trackdown, my current favorite. As you can see, I don't watch modern TV shows. Smile

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16666 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
I have tried to get my Grandkids into some of those old shows for the values to be learned but no dice so far.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4128 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post