SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Audi A3 2.0T update
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Audi A3 2.0T update Login/Join 
posted
A few days ago I started a thread asking for input on the Audi A3 2.0T. I appreciated the input and it was all positive.

After talking with my wife, my timetable for making a car purchase has been set back somewhat. Sort of thought it might go like that. Anyway, yesterday I got to take a test drive even though I'm not buying right now. Well, I think I'm in love. I haven't owned a German car in at least 35 years and I guess I had forgotten how good they can be. I realize that the A3 is an entry level Audi, but what an improvement (driving experience wise) over what I have been driving the last 35 years. This thing was like using a scalpel instead of a butter knife. Everything was razor sharp. I was loving it.

To be fair though, I've probably saved a lot of money on maintenance over the last 35 years by not driving German cars. But the time has come to cut loose a little. Hopefully before this time next year I'll have an A3 as my second vehicle .

Thanks again for everyone's input the other day.

Posts: 794 | Location: York Pa. | Registered: January 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife had one. Great car totally happy with it. Maybe do what we did and lease first? This way you stay under warranty ( not that we had any issues) and get your experience without the headaches down the road of maintenance of a car with high repair costs

Posts: 3288 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
I'm leery of the 2.0T (turbo) engine.

My neighbor's friend is an Audi technician, and he says he makes his living repairing the 2.0T.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You know - that make that in a manual now. Razz

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:
I'm leery of the 2.0T (turbo) engine.

My neighbor's friend is an Audi technician, and he says he makes his living repairing the 2.0T.

That's also because they've produced a shit ton of them. The 2.0T is a better and stronger engine than the 1.8T was, but they have it in a lot of their vehicles so its a matter of averages.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9689 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I wish Audi would import their Avant wagons, or even the A3 Sportback without the hybrid setup.
BTW if you're looking at the 2.0, do not repeat not read a recent review of the RS3. Wink

Posts: 18066 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
I wish Audi would import their Avant wagons, or even the A3 Sportback without the hybrid setup.
BTW if you're looking at the 2.0, do not repeat not read a recent review of the RS3. Wink

Mean turbo 5... I'm very impressed that Audi takes the chance to put an engine with a little soul and character even in a low production car.

I agree, it'd be just that much sweeter if it were a small wagon.

Those old I5 rally cars tearing through the woods make me tingle.

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11145 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:

I had a 2001 A4 Avant that I miss very much! It was outfitted with Koni Coilovers, paired with the Quattro system that thing was nasty in the curves!

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25421 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
the truth will set you free
Picture of ilikefirearms
posted Hide Post
I have the 2018 A4 with the 2.0T. Happy all around. The A4 now is way nicer than even a 2015/16 a6.

Conan! What is best in life?
Conan: To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.

Posts: 1508 | Registered: September 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Too late. I've already seen the Car and Driver "10 Best Cars of 2018" and Road & Track's cover story on the RS3. I would love one but they're out of my league. I would love to hear that five cylinder turbo though. But believe me, I'll be happy to land an A3 within the next year.

Posts: 794 | Location: York Pa. | Registered: January 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post