SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I need to have a car transported from Texas to CA. Holy cow, you guys are amazing! But I'm having it transported, so thanks all!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I need to have a car transported from Texas to CA. Holy cow, you guys are amazing! But I'm having it transported, so thanks all! Login/Join 
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
sjtill, let me know if I can help. I have access to a single car hauler trailer much like rizzle and could go grab the car and bring it back to the DFW area to a secure location if necessary. From there you could coordinate transport. Or, as rizzle offered, I could take it to say El Paso some weekend and hand it off to him for furtherance on to San Diego.

Alternatively I still have a bunch of friends in San Antonio if you need to get it out of the hotel parking lot I could try to arrange something.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
You guys are overwhelming. Holy cow.
I will find out the details on what a regular transport company would do and when. Then I’ll let you both know if I need to take one (or both!) up on your extremely generous offers. No place online like SigForum!

The hotel people in Boerne (1/2 hour NW of San Antonio) have been extremely accommodating. It was the manager who found him in a stupor in his hotel room, he was still there two days after checking out. If she hadn’t found him, he would have died for sure. Diabetic ketoacidosis.

Posts: 18064 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigM4:
Or, as rizzle offered, I could take it to say El Paso some weekend and hand it off to him for furtherance on to San Diego.

Alternatively I still have a bunch of friends in San Antonio if you need to get it out of the hotel parking lot I could try to arrange something.

I’m in El Paso and can watch it until relay gets it further west.

Posts: 13109 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
That Altima might end up with a “Dear Diary” story of its own! Thanks!!

Posts: 18064 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Keep me apprised of the situation. If you're able to get it to somewhere safe for a week or so, I might be able to assist.

I need to burn some vacation anyway - might be able to get it to you in San Diego, then visit friends just north of you for a day and fly home.

Posts: 2771 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I’ve reported you all to Para. He needs to know what you guys are up to. Wink

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I'm glad to see this, though I'm not at all surprised. My thanks to all assisting sjtill. He's certainly offered assistance and advice to others here, and one good turn deserves another.

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigSAC:
Keep me apprised of the situation. If you're able to get it to somewhere safe for a week or so, I might be able to assist.

I need to burn some vacation anyway - might be able to get it to you in San Diego, then visit friends just north of you for a day and fly home.

By that same token if it ends up going this route it might be easier to get a flight into DFW than SA from wherever you are. I don’t mind bringing the car up here and picking you up at the airport.

Again sjtill lots of options here, just let us know what we can do.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Boy the rockers at least all seem like scams!
Can’t actually talk with somebody.
Will keep trying, calling locally.

SF Jake
posted Hide Post
If I was closer I’d throw my name on the hat as well offering you help...but it sounds like you have multiple options and the ones from the members here all sound good and I would consider trusted...this place is truly amazing as has been demonstrated multiple time over the years. Good luck and hope your son recovers quickly

Posts: 3119 | Location: southern connecticut | Registered: March 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigM4:
quote:
Originally posted by SigSAC:

By that same token if it ends up going this route it might be easier to get a flight into DFW than SA from wherever you are. I don’t mind bringing the car up here and picking you up at the airport.

Again sjtill lots of options here, just let us know what we can do.

Either DFW or SA seems to work OK for me. The routes back west from them are less than 100 miles in difference.

Posts: 2771 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
Doc, too far away to help with the car, but prayers sent for your son, you and your wife!

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"

Posts: 2667 | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Hey Doc, any update?

How is your son doing? I hope he is better.

Did the car get secured and transported?

Posts: 11840 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Thanks for asking, OCG.
We are back home, flew back 9/17. Car was taken on transporter 9/16, arrived 9/17!
Son is making spectacular progress, still with some visual and neurological defects, but making very rapid improvement. Don’t want to go into details here, but he had really great care. I guess nurses were cute, but they all wore masks. They sure were sweet.