SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Nathan’s manufacturer recalls 200,000 pounds worth of ready-to-eat hot dogs
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nathan’s manufacturer recalls 200,000 pounds worth of ready-to-eat hot dogs Login/Join 
posted
http://www.nydailynews.com/new...gs-article-1.3182103

More than 200,000 pounds of Nathan’s and Curtis hot dogs are being yanked from store shelves after bits of metal were found in the franks.

Three people filed complaints with the Cincinnati-based manufacturer of the hot dogs, John Morrell & Co., according to the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service. Those reports led the company to issue a recall on May 19.

The potentially contaminated meats were in Nathan’s Skinless 8 Beef Franks with a use by date of Aug. 19, 2017 — and Curtis Beef Master brand beef franks with a date of June 15, 2017.

No one has been injured by eating the metal-tainted meat the feds said.

Posts: 12672 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
ready-to-eat hot dogs

? Aren't all hot dogs ready to eat?

Posts: 27935 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
quote:
ready-to-eat hot dogs
Aren't all hot dogs ready to eat?
No, usually, you have to first remove the hot dogs from the package.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107551 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
Lol^^

I actually cook mine first. Always.

ETA: usually over a campfire. Love those.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5317 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Frankfurters are not hot dogs. I checked the ingredient list and it does not include dogs.

In Korea, YMMV.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31432 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the notice. I have two packs of Nathan's dogs in the freezer. I better take a look.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38672 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
If you can pick them up with a magnet, that's a bad sign.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15480 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Muleman244
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
Thanks for the notice. I have two packs of Nathan's dogs in the freezer. I better take a look.

Same here, ours are good

---------------------------------------
NRA Patron Life Member

Posts: 236 | Location: Grifton, NC USA | Registered: September 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't have any in the fridge,but heard this on 700 WLW while running this morning.

Posts: 84 | Location: Donnelsville,OH | Registered: June 01, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
Frankfurters are not hot dogs. I checked the ingredient list and it does not include dogs.

In Korea, YMMV.
Technically, Frankfurters and Wieners are not the same, but both are "hot dogs".

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
NATHAN'S HEALTHY HOT DOGS
NOW FORTIFIED WITH IRON!

Posts: 8618 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I guess Abe Froman is smiling all the way to the bank now...

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29692 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
I found a ball bearing in a can of soup once, just thought I would share. Razz

Posts: 5594 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post