SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Florida Man Strikes Again - Steals Pool Floats as Alternative to Rape.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Florida Man Strikes Again - Steals Pool Floats as Alternative to Rape. Login/Join 
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted
I'll just let the article speak for itself.

Florida cops arrest man who said he stole pool floats to use for sex

A Florida man arrested in the theft of stolen pool floats told cops he used the inflatables for sex instead of raping women, court papers show.

Christopher Monnin, 35, was charged Thursday with breaking into the backyards of homes with pools in Palm Bay and stealing only flotation devices, according to the arrest affidavit.

“Defendant stated that he sexually gratifies himself with the pool floats instead of raping women,” the affidavit said.

Monnin was on a bike when cops stopped him at 1:25 a.m. Thursday as a suspicious person. They found him in possession of a garbage bag full of deflated pool floats, the affidavit said.

Palm Bay has been plagued with the theft of pool floats in more than a dozen reported burglaries in the past seven months, according to the affidavit. In some cases the thief cut a screen door to gain access to the pool area.

The affidavit stated that police found approximately 75 pool floats in a vacant house where Monnin admitted to stashing them.

He was arrested on charges of burglary, criminal mischief and petit theft and booked into the Brevard County Jail on a $15,000 bond.

The Sebastian Daily reported that in one of the burglaries Monnin was accused of stealing a bacon-shaped pool float.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hmmmm. He does not look like he has read Portnoy's Complaint. Maybe someone can send him a copy of Roth's best seller.

Posts: 17226 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
Ya know, some of the talking monkeys obviously have some crossed or shorted wires in their head. Roll Eyes

Things that make you say "Daaaamn".

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
He seems nice

Posts: 26895 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
He seems nice

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Appearances can be deceiving. Now that I have seen pics of your neighbor's well kept homes I understand your remark.

Posts: 17226 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I will get by
Picture of Rustyblade
posted Hide Post
I picked him up hitchhiking.

...or is that to many words for a grave stone?

Do not necessarily attribute someone's nasty or inappropriate actions as intended when it may be explained by ignorance or stupidity.

Posts: 1291 | Location: Delray Beach | Registered: February 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
I am sure the complainants are thrilled the crime is solved and feel lucky to have their pool toys returned to them for use in their pools.

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
So, does leaving pool floats lying around your pool classify as "hunting over bait?" Blow up dolls as a gateway drug?

Posts: 6459 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Bahhaha, Florida never disappoints, but most of these crimes aren't even investigated on the left coast.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Bahhaha, Florida never disappoints, but most of these crimes aren't even investigated on the left coast.

Yep, most of the crazy shit the junkies and weirdos do out here would never make the news. And it should.

Posts: 17114 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Innovative...

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Pool floats were asking for it.

Posts: 21101 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
Nothing original. This guy is a multiple offender.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Has he never heard of Walmart? For $3 a pop, he could have a cheap date AND avoid the arrest...

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15561 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Hope he didn't work at the Krispy Kreme...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43870 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not One of
the Cool Kids
Picture of enidpd804
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3911 | Location: OK | Registered: August 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
I must have missed the pool float lesson in sex ed.

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6312 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
Sounds like the LGBTQXYZ crowd has a new category to add to their constituency.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wonder what letter he would be assigned?

Posts: 165 | Registered: December 23, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kasinefect:
I wonder what letter he would be assigned?

I'm thinking the movement has grown to encompass so many different categories that they are going to need to expand to a 2 letter code...so, maybe IG for Inflatable Gratification?

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post