SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Apple 6S (ATT) Unlocking Questions.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Apple 6S (ATT) Unlocking Questions. Login/Join 
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted
My Sweet Dear Wife through a series of events thought here phone was being hacked and while on her other phone mentoring a church youth decides to change the phones access code to a new never before used code with special meaning and didn't write the new code down.

So now she cannot access the 6S phone with ATT service and is almost out of attempts to enter the correct code.

She has a ton of pictures that it looks like she is going to loose or this is what she's being told by ATT tech support.

She had ICloud (I Think) and what the tech support person was trying to work with her about. She's accessed her ICloud acct. and it looks like here numbers are saved and such but she's not seeing any of her pictures.

I know exactly nothing about any of this other then to write down or somehow document your access codes.

She "Thinks" she may have the new code remembered now but I asked her to wait until I could asked here for any advice or other helpful things.

She's been told by tech support that if she cannot access the phone with her correct code that the only thing that can be done is to erase the memory which sets it back to the factory setting but she then looses everything in the phone.

Is erasing the memory her only option if she cannot remember the correct code? The tech support person thinks she probably only has one or two more attempts at the code attempt before it locks up.

Again I know nothing about these things and any help is appreciated. We also have two apple 6 Iphones and 3 tablets with the same ATT service as the 6S.

I'm guessing that the pictures aren't stored on a sim card and simply plugging them into another device isn't an option.

Posts: 18033 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
The iPhone's "backup to iCloud" does not include photos or music. These are "sync'd" within the Photos or iTunes apps separately. I am pretty sure syncing is turned on by default, so you should have copies "in the cloud." If you have a Mac (or on a tablet), you can check in the same Mac applications which can also sync to the same iCloud account. I suspect there are Windows versions of Photos and iTunes that do it too.

Posts: 6459 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post