SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    New form of record-keeping, but not for inventory
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New form of record-keeping, but not for inventory Login/Join 
Picture of wrightd
posted
I created a new (to me) method of record keeping to track the shooting characteristics, ammo used, target metrics, and gun performance etc. for each of the guns I shoot. My old method was a simple notebook where I recorded all this information for ALL the guns I shoot. But after a while it became a PITA to read the history and current state for any PARTICULAR gun. So, all I did was buy a bunch of inexpensive small 4x6 inch wire bound notepads, and labeled each one for a specific gun only. So when done, each gun that I shoot will have its own notes contained in a single notepad. The idea is if I'm bringing certain guns to the range, I'll just grab the notebooks for those specific guns, and when I'm done shooting, I can sit down at the range and record my results for each gun in each specific notepad. I usually do this before I leave the range, because at my age, my brain steadily leaks short-term details. I also write down details about what I want to do with the gun in both the near and long-term.

So far I'm anticipating this will work out nicely, since I'm not interested in any computer-based technology to solve this problem.

So for non-inventory purposes, how do record, manage, and review this information for each of your specific guns ?

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8675 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have one of these for each of my precision rifles.

https://www.impactdatabooks.co...p/modular-pocket.htm

Posts: 8955 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
I use an excel spreadsheet. Small notes in a book at shooting time, transcribe later to digital.

Posts: 6661 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post