SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Comcast Exec: "We Are Losing Huge Numbers Of Subscribers Because, Uhhh Harvey And Irma!"
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Comcast Exec: "We Are Losing Huge Numbers Of Subscribers Because, Uhhh Harvey And Irma!" Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted

Posts: 33747 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
This in spades! Comcast is probably one of the most-hated companies if not the most-hated company in America.

quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
....your terrible customer service, NOT because of a couple hurricanes last week. Sheesh!
Roll Eyes

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Since getting Fire TV, I've not watched anything provided by Comcast. Now, if they provided OANN....

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12712 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lkdr1989:
Comcast is probably one of the most-hated companies if not the most-hated company in America.

They are #1!

America’s Most Hated Companies

Posts: 33747 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Since August 8th, we have had nothing but problems with Comcast internet. On weekends the signal drops off for hours. Yesterday it was down all day. Every time I call, I get Atif or his wife Deeba and it just makes that call harder trying to understand them. I even went to the Comcast local office and the manager told me the problems were originating in Dallas and he would take $20.00 off my bill. Never did and when I went back he was no longer there.

I even took the cable modem onto my roof to prove to them that there was no signal coming from them. Comcast really is the only game in town for fast internet speed. Century Link is very unreliable here. Best they can get to my house is 3.5Mb. Verizon too expensive.

I have had Comcast for years and never experienced these kind of problems.

Posts: 5692 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Yes, hurricane Irma made me drop Comcast six years ago.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29678 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21838 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
Comcast is the worst. They have lied to me so many times. It gets fun when you choose to chat online and save those chats to PDF's. Then they don't really care that someone else lied to you. Absolutely the worst company I have dealt with.

They will continue to lose customers. They basically had a monopoly in many areas. With choices such as Verizon and streaming options people just don't want to deal with their crap.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16387 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Internet: see what you want, when you want.

CATV: if you want "this", you need to buy 232 channels of "that".

I keep wondering why CATV companies are having trouble competing.... Roll Eyes

Posts: 15021 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Soooooooooo.........if you listen to other lefties and put the pieces together.......Comcast is losing subscribers to climate change.....

Yeah, that's the ticket.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Yes, Comcast has a poor reputation and I stopped subscribing to television years ago simply because most of what was on wasn't interesting to me; however, you do have to realize that with so many people displaced by the hurricanes, Comcast will be losing those people as customers since they don't have anywhere to watch television.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18022 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
however, you do have to realize that with so many people displaced by the hurricanes, Comcast will be losing those people as customers since they don't have anywhere to watch television.

Not the point. Comcast blaming what happened last week for what has been happening over the past 4-5 years is.

Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:

you do have to realize that with so many people displaced by the hurricanes, Comcast will be losing those people as customers since they don't have anywhere to watch television.

Yeah, but in a hurricane prep/recovery scenario, do you really stop to cancel your cable? Those homes that have Comcast will continue to have Comcast until they actively cancel it, do they not?

You are getting your valuables together, buying water and food, gassing up all vehicles, packing a bug-out-bag, bringing stuff inside and placing it above the projected flood water line, battening down the hatches and plywooding the windows. . . Do people actually take time to cancel their cable? And are the areas affected by the hurricanes statistically significant enough to account for the lost revenue?

I think this is like Target, who, upon having plummeting sales after making their stand on the whole bathroom issue, blames President Trump of all things (you see, in the southern border states, Target said that they are losing sales from Hispanics because they are all staying home because they are afraid of getting deported (I wish I were making this up) ).

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21838 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ol' Jack always says...
what the hell.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by comet24:
Comcast is the worst. They have lied to me so many times. It gets fun when you choose to chat online and save those chats to PDF's. Then they don't really care that someone else lied to you. Absolutely the worst company I have dealt with.

They will continue to lose customers. They basically had a monopoly in many areas. With choices such as Verizon and streaming options people just don't want to deal with their crap.
Verizon can suck it too. $50 more per month for the same shit.

I switched to Xfinity and will save $50 a month now. Worth it.

When I canceled my Verizon account, they asked why, when I told them they said "OK, bye", no effort to retain me as a customer at all.

Screw'em all.

Posts: 10188 | Location: PA | Registered: March 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
let Comcast keep thinking that

don't tell them they're wrong - they might wake up and fix it

let them continue to spiral down until nothing is left

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53158 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Speling Champ
posted Hide Post
quote:
"We Are Losing Huge Numbers Of Subscribers Because, Uhhh Harvey And Irma!"

I just spent an hour and a half with four separate customer service reps and one supervisor-none of whom spoke fluent or coherent English.

I finally got a very nice lady with a delightful southern accent to finally help me-after another 30 minutes of automated menus, and only after demanding of the last non-English speaking dipshit to provide me with a number to someone in the United States.

Hey Comcast...Did it ever occur to you that maybe, just maybe the guy in New Delhi helping (well, not really helping) me today is the same motherfucker calling me last Saturday, claiming to be the FBI, trying to collect on an IRS debt, that can only be paid with SuperTarget gift cards?

And then there's your high pricing, shitty infrastructure, poor service, frequent outages...

But yeah, hurricanes. Good call.

Posts: 1604 | Location: Utah | Registered: July 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Yeah...I cut the Comcast RG-6 cord some years ago. Have yet to miss it OR the cost. Saving about $110/month without that crap. If memory serves, I don't think it was a hurricane that made me tell them to take a hike... Roll Eyes

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by joel9507:
Internet: see what you want, when you want.

CATV: if you want "this", you need to buy 232 channels of "that".

I keep wondering why CATV companies are having trouble competing.... Roll Eyes

My memory's getting bad, but, apparently, not yet that bad. Remember these comments, Joel?

quote:
Originally posted by joel9507:
Yeah, after 'correcting' the results - shock and stunned amazement - they got the answer they wanted. I'm sure those who were against the plan didn't 'coordinate efforts' either. And it's nice how the 'corrected' results somehow get called 'original'. Roll Eyes

So: You still think killing Network Neutrality is a Good Idea, do you? Because gaining control of how their customers can use the Internet, just like they do with subscription TV, is exactly what Comcast and the rest of them want.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lkdr1989:
This in spades! Comcast is probably one of the most-hated companies if not the most-hated company in America.

quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
....your terrible customer service, NOT because of a couple hurricanes last week. Sheesh!
Roll Eyes

Don't forget to add BOA

Posts: 7393 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kx90:
quote:
Originally posted by comet24:

Verizon can suck it too. $50 more per month for the same shit.

I switched to Xfinity and will save $50 a month now. Worth it.

When I canceled my Verizon account, they asked why, when I told them they said "OK, bye", no effort to retain me as a customer at all.

Screw'em all.

Comcast did the same thing to me. I had been a long time customer over 10 years. Had no contract and wanted the current deals that new customers could get. I was willing to sign the two-year contract but they wouldn't give me those deals or anything close, only for new customers. I told them flat out that Verizon would give me a much better deal than they, Comcast would and I was leaving and would take my business elsewhere. I was paying more for less than new customers would get. They all play that game.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16387 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post