SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    David Cassidy, RIP
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

David Cassidy, RIP Login/Join 
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted
I still have some Partridge Family records in storage, and I don't necessarily care too much about the guy, but jeez, a bit of my childhood is gone. Basically the same death as Malcolm Young.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertai...-star-020138441.html

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
thats sad news but it was inevitable I suppose

I think growing up, The Partridge Family was the first 8-track tape I ever bought

a family of musicians on tv (even though there only one real musician in the bunch)

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53085 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Very sad news.

I enjoyed The Partridge Family growing up.

R.I.P. David Cassidy. Frown

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's terrible that the best parts of this man's life were over by age 25.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
RIP David Cassidy.

I grew up watching The Partridge Family in the wonderful era of 70's T.V.

Had a crush on Susan Dey, Danny Bonaduce was pretty damn funny and Reuben Kincaid (Dave Madden) stole every scene that he was in.

Everyone in school had all of the PF records and knew all of the lyrics!

I may be dating myself but those are some good memories!

Posts: 3464 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cookster:
RIP David Cassidy.

I grew up watching The Partridge Family in the wonderful era of 70's T.V.

Had a crush on Susan Dey, Danny Bonaduce was pretty damn funny and Reuben Kincaid (Dave Madden) stole every scene that he was in.

Everyone in school had all of the PF records and knew all of the lyrics!

I may be dating myself but those are some good memories!

Susan Dey had it going on.

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Man, dropping like flies of late, what is going on?

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37931 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
I don't often comment on passing of celebs, but I watched The Partridge Family frequently, in syndication, as a kid.

Heck, I used to sing the theme song to my kids when it was time wake up in the morning. If they hear it they still call the "Good Morning Song."

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never Go
Full Retard
Picture of MitchbSC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
Man, dropping like flies of late, what is going on?

As much as I don't want to say it was dementia, it was dementia.

I do wanna say since Hugh Hefner passed, his cloaking shield dropped. It's all coming out now.

They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Posts: 4797 | Location: SC | Registered: January 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I remember getting Partridge Family cards (like baseball cards) as a kid at the corner store. And just for fun, here's a cover of "I Think I Love You".

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilBfq5AbX5g

Posts: 698 | Registered: February 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not easy being me
posted Hide Post
Ah, "I think I love you". Any better way to explain that you're not ready for a committed relationship??!! Good times!!

Sorry to see that David Cassidy passed.

Posts: 2769 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: March 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Condolences to his family, friends and fans. Sounds like a terrible way to go. I didn't know you could get organ failure from dementia.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
RIP David, you were always around when I was growing up.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10895 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Wow. Dead at 67 due to dementia.

And when he announced it, it seemed he was aware of it.

I can't imagine how dementia killed him without making it sound like a joke which isn't funny to me like, did he forget to breathe or wake up?

RIP.

ETA: apparently, his mother died of the same thing. And speaking well of him, he was the one relative she had and he took care of her through her death for 7 years.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19582 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:

I can't imagine how dementia killed him . . .
Some news reports are saying the cause of death was organ failure. I too don't see how dementia would have been a cause of death.

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
Pretty sure it was alcohol related.

Posts: 3248 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
The brain dies in a long gradual process and that affects the basic support functions of the body, so yeah, ironically, eventually "one forgets to breath", as well as many other functions that stop working correctly, and that slowly kills the organs.

It is much like cancer, long and taking toll on everyone involved.

If you care or love anyone, call them today or this weekend and tell them and what they have meant to you over the years. While both can enjoy the call.

Then do that every chance you get.

Happy Thanksgiving Day.

Everyday.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I always thought David was way too talented for that tv cheeseband the Partridge Family and it stereotyped him for life.
Too bad > RIP.

Posts: 22857 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wreckless
posted Hide Post
He was a lifelong liberal and hard left democrat who fought against our rights. Don't weep for those who spent a lifetime working against freedom.

La Dolce Vita

Posts: 543 | Location: SW Florida & SNJ | Registered: July 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It has been reported that it was liver and kidney failure. Most likely this was due to his alcohol intake.

-c1steve

Posts: 4041 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post