New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ice Hockey Login/Join 
Picture of Hobbs
posted
People on knife shoes fighting over the last Oreo ... i think

Posts: 4697 | Location: Bathing in the stream of consciousness ~~~ | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
I haven't played much hockey, but ice skating is tremendous fun. Especially right after the rink has been resurfaced! So smooth, and you can glide forever.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8931 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
And ice is hard. Really really hard.

Posts: 17880 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hobbs:
People on knife shoes fighting over the last Oreo ... i think

I've skated for over 50 years and played a lot of hockey. One of my friends and team mates just visited and we skated a bunch and went to a college hockey game last night. Love your description of hockey. I've got a lot of knife shoes.

Posts: 7450 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bunch of savages
in this town
Picture of ASKSmith
posted Hide Post
It is very big where I live, Pittsburgh. We have 3 pro teams between the Steelers, Penguins, and Pirates.

Given the role models that the NFL and MLB put out, I'd take hockey every day of the week, and twice on Sunday.

The Penguins are very youth oriented, they have reduced ticket prices for college kids, and they have clinics (even deck hockey) where they give all the kids their own equipment to keep.

I knew nothing about hockey until I moved to PA, but the professional hockey players are usually down to earth. When was the last time you heard about an NHL player beating his baby mama, getting a DUI/drug offense, murder charge, or kneeling during the National Anthem?

I've never played, but I did coach deck hockey for a few seasons. The kids love it.

-----------------
I apologize now...

Posts: 10552 | Registered: December 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is the best sport in the world.

This was supposed to be "complete the sentence" right?

Posts: 1168 | Registered: July 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Captain Morgan
posted Hide Post
There is no better sport. I have played for over 30 years. I love it. The only downer is its expense.
The players in the NHL seem a lot more down to earth than any other league. I have met a lot of Devils players and a couple of former Habs players and they were always happy to talk.

Let all Men know thee, but no man know thee thoroughly: Men freely ford that see the shallows.
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 3861 | Location: Sparta, NJ USA | Registered: August 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
4-H Shooting
Sports Instructor
Picture of Zecpull
posted Hide Post
Great sport.. Must be seen Live to be enjoyed fully. It is so fast and you can not see that on TV.
My son played in High school.

'The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but
> because he loves what is behind him.' G. K. Chesterton

NRA Endowment Life member
NRA Pistol instructor...and Range Safety instructor
Women On Target Instructor.

Posts: 9071 | Location: Wooster,Ohio | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ASKSmith:

I knew nothing about hockey until I moved to PA, but the professional hockey players are usually down to earth.

I've met serval over the years. None of them ever acted like they where special. Used to play adult hockey where the Capitals practiced. Ran into a few of the Caps during those years.

My brother coaches HS hockey and coached the son of one of the Caps I watched growing up. He would stand next the the glass to watch the games instead of the stands. Talked it him a few times at games. Always friendly and interesting to hear his insight as the game unfolds. His son was good and I can remember him saying something about him celebrating a little to much after a goal.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16391 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
I have a Detroit Redwings sweater (w/ a Russian name on it Eek -Russian collusion!)

I own no NFL, NBA, or MLB wear.

Posts: 7348 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Funnest game ever! I love putting on the knife shoes and chasing that cookie.

Posts: 5405 | Registered: April 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You can't go
home again
Picture of LBAR15
posted Hide Post
I was never a sports guy at all but when I moved to NYC, 5 years ago I went to a Rangers game and I have been hooked on NHL ever since. Love the sport, love following my NY team.

---------------------------------------
Life Member NRA

“If you realize that all things change, there is nothing you will try to hold on to. If you are not afraid of dying, there is nothing you cannot achieve." - Lao Tzu

Posts: 4635 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
I went to a fight once and a hockey game broke out.

Posts: 11837 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
I don't skate or play. But my son loves it. He's 14. Has a killer slap shot.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12422 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free men do not ask
permission to bear arms
Picture of George43
posted Hide Post
I like Ice Hockey.
Simple rules:
No off sides,
No Icing,
No guns allowed on the ice.....

A gun in the hand is worth more than ten policemen on the phone.
The American Revolution was carried out by a group of gun toting religious zealots.

Posts: 3808 | Location: Spring, Texas | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by comet24:
quote:

I knew nothing about hockey until I moved to PA, but the professional hockey players are usually down to earth.

I've met serval over the years. None of them ever acted like they where special. Used to play adult hockey where the Capitals practiced. Ran into a few of the Caps during those years.

My brother coaches HS hockey and coached the son of one of the Caps I watched growing up. He would stand next the the glass to watch the games instead of the stands. Talked it him a few times at games. Always friendly and interesting to hear his insight as the game unfolds. His son was good and I can remember him saying something about him celebrating a little to much after a goal.

Unless something has changed you can still go to Ketttler and watch morning skate for free.

Go Caps Go!!!

Leading Metro Division by 6-7 at the moment.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20810 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dsiets:
I have a Detroit Redwings sweater (w/ a Russian name on it Eek -Russian collusion!)

You didn't call it a jersey. I think you may be into hockey a little more than you let on.

Posts: 586 | Location: NC | Registered: March 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by safespot:
quote:
Originally posted by dsiets:

You didn't call it a jersey. I think you may be into hockey a little more than you let on.

Yep. You called it. If you know it's not a jersey than you're a fan.

PS
I've definitely secretly cheered for the Russians, Ovi, Kuzy, Orlov.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20810 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
Originally posted by comet24:
quote:

Unless something has changed you can still go to Ketttler and watch morning skate for free.

Go Caps Go!!!

Leading Metro Division by 6-7 at the moment.

Meant where they used to practice here in MD.

While I certainly enjoy seeing the Caps win and play good hockey I don't want to see them finish first again. Hockey superstition and all being first doesn't do them any good.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16391 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Palm:
Is the best sport in the world.

The only sport I know of where the “ball” remains in play as team members enter and exit the field of play. Every member of the team and especially the coaching MUST be fully engaged even when on the sidelines. I love this game.

Posts: 4756 | Registered: July 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post