SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Hey Orguss
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hey Orguss Login/Join 
posted
Since you failed to take the EXCELLENT free advice I offered you about taking that USPS job I thought I would make you one more offer.

What sizes do you wear? I found a box of miscellaneous new in the package Brookfield pants and short sleeve shirts.

They won't do me any good, as I retired yesterday.

We have a new CCA at my old office that could use them; but frankly, I don't think he is going to last through the spring, much less the summer.

Posts: 1988 | Location: metro Atlanta, GA | Registered: July 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Congrats on your retirement. Give the uniform stuff to the guy in your office though. I have everything I need already.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Last Christmas I gave a RCA my heavy winter parka as she got stuck delivering to apartments mad condos with cluster boxes. I rarely used the parka.

She was pregnant, going through mood swings, and ran over a mailbox. She got fired for lying about it. Never brought the parka back.

I wish you the best, the job gets more difficult by the day.

Posts: 1988 | Location: metro Atlanta, GA | Registered: July 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I hear ya. Between shitty coworkers too lazy to do their own routes and the old equipment, it's not fun times.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't know how you do it. I worked in federal prisons for 30 years. The standing joke was, "Hey, at least it's not the post office."

Posts: 17144 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Come on guys. Many would love a job for the good ol' PO and the incredible benie's bestowed on anyone employed there. Really!

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19186 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
I have a USPS question for you guys. Do they normally hire the Postal Inspector positions from the USPS ranks or do they normally hire people with LEO experience from other agencies?

Posts: 11164 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skull Leader:
I have a USPS question for you guys. Do they normally hire the Postal Inspector positions from the USPS ranks or do they normally hire people with LEO experience from other agencies?

This is one position in the Postal Service where you can't say "Normally". Their requirements make it difficult to hire from just inside.

https://postalinspectors.uspis...ent/eligibility.aspx

BTW to the OP. Congratulations on the retirement. I gave them 26 years myself. Cool

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post