SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The NRA just broke a 15-year fundraising record
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The NRA just broke a 15-year fundraising record Login/Join 
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted
Moneybomb worked. Message delivered. Thanks to all that contributed.

The NRA just broke a 15-year fundraising record

BY ALEX DAUGHERTY
April 23, 2018 06:01 PM

As the student-led March for Our Lives movement captured the nation's attention in the weeks after the Parkland shooting, the other side of the gun control debate enjoyed a banner month of its own.

The National Rifle Association's Political Victory Fund raised $2.4 million from March 1 to March 31, the group's first full month of political fundraising since the nation's deadliest high school shooting on Valentine's Day, according to filings submitted to the Federal Elections Commission. The total is $1.5 million more than the organization raised during the same time period in 2017, when it took in $884,000 in donations, and $1.6 million more than it raised in February 2018.

The $2.4 million haul is the most money raised by the NRA's political arm in one month since June 2003, the last month when electronic federal records were readily available. It surpasses the $1.1 million and $1.5 million raised in January and February 2013, the two months after the Sandy Hook school shooting in Newtown, Connecticut.

Most of the donations, $1.9 million of the $2.4 million total, came from small donors who gave less than $200. The NRA doles out money to political campaigns from the victory fund, but most of its spending is on activity that isn't directly linked with a lawmakers' campaign where the group is not bound by state and federal campaign finance limits. For example, Florida Republican Sen. Marco Rubio received only $9,900 in direct contributions from the NRA during his 2016 U.S. Senate campaign, but his campaign benefited from $3.3 million in outside spending from the NRA to help him defeat Democratic Rep. Patrick Murphy.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/new...4.html#storylink=cpy

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

"Hey, Lefty, piss me off again..."

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
That was just the PVF! I wonder how the ILA and the NRA itself did.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
Two of my non gun owning friends recently joined the NRA. I gave no influence or discussed it w/ them.
Turns out they were instead reacting to counter the national push of recent events.
I chalk it up to the media doing what the media does. Lie and represent one half the story for their benefit.

Posts: 7319 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Got me to re-up, donate and try to donate something monthly so yeah the more they bitch and moan the more we build the coffers for war.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:

"Hey, Lefty, piss me off again..."

Make it rain!

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RaiseHal
posted Hide Post
Sweet, I hope the extra funds are put to good use.

It's a shame that youth is wasted on the young --- Mark Twain

Anyone who is not a liberal by age 20 has no heart; anyone who is not a conservative by age 40 has no brain---Winston Churchill

Posts: 4650 | Location: The Free State of Georgia | Registered: August 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Thanks Hogg Hitler!

Posts: 33601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
My wife and I are signed for the next 5 years.

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
As they read the headlines ...Liberal heads EXPLODE. LOL.

I signed up eight members and made a few donations myself. We HAVE to, they are our only hope. Plus it's cool how much they annoy the Libtards!

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Also love that’s it’s mostly donations of under $200. So much for the “NRA is funded by gun companies” argument. (not that I’d care if they were.)

Posts: 958 | Registered: October 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vote the
BASTIDS OUT!
Picture of yanici
posted Hide Post
Para and all the other gun forums deserve a big attaboy. Without this cohesiveness this couldn't happen.

John

"Building a wall will violate the rights of millions of illegals." [Nancy Pelosi]

Posts: 2401 | Location: N.E. Massachusetts | Registered: June 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
Too late smart
posted Hide Post
My wife signed up for a 5 year membership

NRA Life Member
Member Isaac Walton League

I wouldn't let anyone do to me what I've done to myself

Posts: 1487 | Location: NoVa | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire for effect
posted Hide Post
I donated in February. So I guess that I didn't contribute to the record. But that's OK! Big Grin

"Ride to the sound of the big guns."

Posts: 7210 | Location: South Georgia | Registered: May 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
4-H Shooting
Sports Instructor
Picture of Zecpull
posted Hide Post
I have a good friend who is in the membership department.. I will ask him how many new people joined in March. I have heard many people say that they joined for the first time.

'The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but
> because he loves what is behind him.' G. K. Chesterton

NRA Endowment Life member
NRA Pistol instructor...and Range Safety instructor
Women On Target Instructor.

Posts: 9071 | Location: Wooster,Ohio | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post