SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Chicago father, son shoot each other after arguing about walking the dog
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chicago father, son shoot each other after arguing about walking the dog Login/Join 
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017...-dog-police-say.html

A son is dead and his father seriously injured after they shot each other during an argument over walking the dog.

Chicago Police said the shooting happened in the city's South-Side Burnside neighborhood on Sunday morning.

Donald Johnson, 22, was shot multiple times and died. His father, who is 43, was also shot multiple times. The father was hospitalized in fair condition on Sunday night.

Neighbors and community activists were frustrated.

"How did we get here? How did we get to the point where 'I hate my blood family enough to take his life'? It makes no sense," said community activist Ja'mal Green.

Green said that there is so much pain in Chicago's troubled neighborhoods that even the most trivial interactions can explode.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bigboreshooter:
"How did we get here? How did we get to the point where 'I hate my blood family enough to take his life'? It makes no sense," said community activist Ja'mal Green.
How did we get here? Are you dense? Family killing family is a new trend in this world, is it? Roll Eyes

Cain and Abel. Any chance that rings a bell? Hayzoos Kristo! Roll Eyes

Posts: 107506 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I could never shoot my child. Just couldn't do it.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29684 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted Hide Post
Too bad. They were both just turning their lives around and were planning on attending medical school together.

--------------------------------------
"There are things we know. There are things we dont know. Then there are the things we dont know that we dont know."

Posts: 10079 | Location: At the end of the gravel road. | Registered: November 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
quote:
reen said that there is so much pain in Chicago's troubled neighborhoods that even the most trivial interactions can explode.

Ya, this is the root cause of the problem.
The morals instilled in these people has nothing to do with it at all.
Give me a break.

Mad

Posts: 4127 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Green said that there is so much pain in Chicago's troubled neighborhoods that even the most trivial interactions can explode.

It's Chicago's fault.

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10703 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The only positive to come out of this is they didn't shoot the dog.

Posts: 1804 | Location: Austin TX | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Essayons
Picture of SapperSteel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by saigonsmuggler:

^^^^^ Razz Smile Razz

Thanks,

Sap

Posts: 3452 | Location: Arimo, Idaho | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:

But did the dog ever get walked?

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Oh damn! Big Grin

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
Too bad they didn't have the dog equipped with a cam to record the event. Now that I think about it, the dog had to be going, "WTF?"

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Somehow I don't believe that the dog was really the issue here...

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted Hide Post
Dog jus be chillin'.

Dog do nuffin'.

Quit dissin da dog!

--------------------------------------
"There are things we know. There are things we dont know. Then there are the things we dont know that we dont know."

Posts: 10079 | Location: At the end of the gravel road. | Registered: November 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Well, it's cold in Chicago, so first they would have to put a sweater on it. . . This was going to end in blood one way or the other.

quote:

Ah, so it's "The Man's" fault. You know, for causing all this 'pain.' Not the decades of liberal political rule/policies and the total disintegration of the family unit and traditional family values. Always gotta transfer blame, you know. Roll Eyes

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21839 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Anytime you see "community activist" in a story, you know it won't end well.

Posts: 9495 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Somehow I don't believe that the dog was really the issue here...

+1

Perhaps the last straw in a bitter relationship.

It would not be the first Chicago Father and Son who are/were members of the same gang.

Posts: 3853 | Location: Citrus County Florida | Registered: October 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The press loves this stuff: "Nine people kill each other over a pack of chewing gum!"

Uh huh

You can bet your bottom dollar that it started long before these two shot each other. Long, long before.

Posts: 107506 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry but I laughed out loud when I read the thread title. That's how little I care about stupid "people" I guess.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I guess this REALLY proves the statement that some people just shouldn't own a dog!

Posts: 492 | Location: Accross the Mississippi from St. Louis | Registered: February 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I feel bad for the dog.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16070 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post