SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I need a new granular fertilizer spreader
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I need a new granular fertilizer spreader Login/Join 
Saluki
posted Hide Post
If assembly is required using stainless bolts do yourself this favor. Apply never sieze to each bolt. Stainless is terrible about galling and siezing up. Especially if it has a screw that controls the gate opening.

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5148 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Stainless is terrible about galling and siezing up. Especially if it has a screw that controls the gate opening.

Also, I would rinse and oil the moving parts after each use. The chemicals in the fertilizer are really harsh.

I have a cheap homeowner Earthway spreader which has lasted quite a long time with just a rinse and a little PB Blaster or WD 40 sprayed on the rotating parts.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24066 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
Does it have fancy rims? For that kind of money, it should have rims.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15712 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
you can hire a new grad from Florida Memorial University

apparently their aeronautical engineering department is to die for

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post