SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I need a new granular fertilizer spreader
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I need a new granular fertilizer spreader Login/Join 
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted
I'm just wondering if anyone here is a dealer or knows a dealer for products by The Andersons. I'm looking to get a model 2000-SR as my old Shindaiwa spreader is on its last leg.

I'd like to throw business to my pals here if possible.

Here's the item I'm looking for: http://m.pestrong.com/?url=htt...Fid_product=959#2804

Posts: 45369 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
650 bucks? Holy cow.

Mine looks exactly like that (but it's black) and I bought it at our local Farm and Garden store for $70. That was five years ago and it works perfectly.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5035 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bassamatic:
650 bucks? Holy cow.

Mine looks exactly like that (but it's black) and I bought it at our local Farm and Garden store for $70. That was five years ago and it works perfectly.
Yeah, I bet you don't spread 10 tons of fertilizer every year though. I'd eat up a $70 spreader in about 4 days.

Posts: 45369 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Find a democratic legislator. They are great at spreading shit Wink

Kuhn has soem great products. kuhn.com

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steelcityfishanddive
posted Hide Post
Commercial guys use Lesco. I just bought an Agri Fab myself.

Posts: 1315 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:
quote:
Originally posted by Bassamatic:
650 bucks? Holy cow.

Yeah, I bet you don't spread 10 tons of fertilizer every year though. I'd eat up a $70 spreader in about 4 days.

Well, it might have helped if you would have clarified that in your original post. I just assumed you were talking "normal" use.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5035 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by steelcityfishanddive:
Commercial guys use Lesco. I just bought an Agri Fab myself.
I'm sold on the AccuPro. Lesco doesn't work for me.

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Looks like it's a nice one.
Sorry I can't help you find one but FREE SHIPPING on the site you link!

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24068 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
Looks like it's a nice one.
Sorry I can't help you find one but FREE SHIPPING on the site you link!
Yeah, once you've used the one with the cone spread pattern adjustment everything else is just poorly designed.

Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
I fertilize 3 acres 3 times a year. I purchase fertilizer in 1 ton bags. I had a AgriFab pull behind spreader that wore out after 10+ years. I bought a comparable AgriFab on Amazon last year and it is a piece of crap compared to my original.

I'd rather pay more for better quality than pay the same for diminishing quality. Bye-bye AgriFab.

Mike

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4223 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mcrimm:
... I'd rather pay more for better quality than pay the same for diminishing quality. Bye-bye AgriFab.
Some of them are built to a price so the quality suffers. Others are built to a quality so the price is much higher. I'd also rather pay a higher price to get a better product.

The Andersons 2000-SR is simply the best of the best for those of us that require accuracy to ensure the customers are happy.

Saluki
posted Hide Post
http://www.applylikeapro.com/i..._8400B_pg1_Cover.jpg

Forgive my computering abilities. I spent five years wrangling one of these If you have the means I highly recommend it. Wink

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5149 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
3 yrs back i quit waiting for the day to arrive where i could just buy a nice spreader the heck with cringing at the price...

So I bought this tank of one by lesco

http://mkrittenhouse.com/us/sh...er-101186-high-wheel

Really stable, handles heavy load. accurate metering. Wish I had bought one 20 yrs ago..

gone through many averageunits over the years in spite of good maintenance practice..

Posts: 464 | Location: NC | Registered: March 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by reflex/deflex 64:
http://www.applylikeapro.com/i..._8400B_pg1_Cover.jpg

Forgive my computering abilities. I spent five years wrangling one of these If you have the means I highly recommend it. Wink
I'm not sure it'll fit through some of the gates. Big Grin

W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hangtime:
3 yrs back i quit waiting for the day to arrive where i could just buy a nice spreader the heck with cringing at the price...

So I bought this tank of one by lesco

http://mkrittenhouse.com/us/sh...er-101186-high-wheel

Really stable, handles heavy load. accurate metering. Wish I had bought one 20 yrs ago..

gone through many averageunits over the years in spite of good maintenance practice..
It's a good unit. I'm just sold on The Andersons model. It doesn't have that 10&4 o'clock spread pattern and throws a bit wider making for faster applications.

Next I'm going to get one of these: https://permagreen.com

W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
Oh yeah. Finally found one!

Found a local dealer. I had to apply to become a customer. That's a new one for me. I guess they just don't deal with the general public and you have to have a legitimate business to buy from them. Is there an advantage to that other than not having to deal with tire kickers?

Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
How about a heavy duty homeowner model? For a little less money. The Scott's and similar don't work well for me. Needs to hold at least a 50lb bag. I use about 150lbs each application, twice a year over 18,000sq feet or so. I'm happy with a push model, don't need a tow behind.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8343 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Riley:
How about a heavy duty homeowner model? For a little less money. The Scott's and similar don't work well for me. Needs to hold at least a 50lb bag. I use about 150lbs each application, twice a year over 18,000sq feet or so. I'm happy with a push model, don't need a tow behind.
Probably the one Bassamatic was talking about in the first reply.

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:
Oh yeah. Finally found one!

Congrats. I hope you got it at a nice discount.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24068 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
Congrats. I hope you got it at a nice discount.
Well, I couldn't locate one via google so I called Andersons directly and they gave me one place in Pittsburgh that quoted $849 ($899.94 with tax Eek) so I asked for another place and they gave me one that is 50 miles closer (Butler, PA) that quoted $640 ($678.40). Why they didn't just give me the closer place first is beyond me. I'm happy with that price. The old Shindaiwa that I bought in 2009 lasted until this spring so this one, being much higher quality and stainless instead of painted steel, should last a good long time.