SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Little Potato Company
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Little Potato Company Login/Join 
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted
Anyone tried these? Particularly the savory herb ones https://www.littlepotatoes.com/product/savory-herb/

These are a new favorite in our house. Very well seasoned grape sized potatoes.

They have a number of other flavors but we love the Savory Herb too much to try them.

For those that have tried the other varieties, maybe recommend one.

I had never heard of a Creamer potato.

Posts: 17885 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
I use their bag of trio potatoes in pot roasts in lieu of russet potatoes. I just throw them in whole.

Sometimes I do roasted veggies on a baking sheet. I cut large chunks of butternut squash, whole baby carrots, cut up onions, and whole little potatoes. I first dump them in a large bowl and season them with kosher salt, fresh ground black pepper, parsley, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder and slather it all in olive oil. I mix it all together in the mixing bowl until all the oil and spices coat all the veggies, then I dump them on a baking sheet (or two) and put them in a pre-heated oven at 450˚ until they look and feel cooked. Maybe 30 minutes or so. Just keep opening the oven and try a carrot to see if it's cooked all the way through.

Once they're cooked, if I need a little char to them, I switch the oven to broil for a few minutes, then pull them out. It's always a big hit.

Tony

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5397 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
Yup. Discovered them a summer or two ago when my mom made them for a family dinner and my then 5-6 yo ate all his potatoes and declared them “best ever”. Easy to fix, only trick is to pay attention as to whether it’s set up for the ‘wave or the oven (plastic or aluminum container).
Can’t say all the flavors we ever tried, but what we tried, we liked!

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5319 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
Yep. I like ‘em.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jprebb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by benny6:
Sometimes I do roasted veggies on a baking sheet. I cut large chunks of butternut squash, whole baby carrots, cut up onions, and whole little potatoes. I first dump them in a large bowl and season them with kosher salt, fresh ground black pepper, parsley, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder and slather it all in olive oil. I mix it all together in the mixing bowl until all the oil and spices coat all the veggies, then I dump them on a baking sheet (or two) and put them in a pre-heated oven at 450˚ until they look and feel cooked. Maybe 30 minutes or so. Just keep opening the oven and try a carrot to see if it's cooked all the way through.

Once they're cooked, if I need a little char to them, I switch the oven to broil for a few minutes, then pull them out. It's always a big hit.

Tony

Now throw some of this in a blender with some chicken stock for a really good soup.

JP

Posts: 2048 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
I use to grow fingerlings back in the late 80's. You can also grow them in 5 gallon buckets.

https://www.groworganic.com/pr...erling-potato-mix-lb

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
Potatoes are one of the dishes I seem to make well. The little expensive ones are my favorite. I'll have to try these seasonings:

SEASONING PACK INGREDIENTS: DEHYDRATED ONION, SALT, SUGAR, SPICES, DEHYDRATED BELL PEPPER, CITRIC ACID (FOR TARTNESS).

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post