SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Lost my Dad this week
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lost my Dad this week Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
My condolences. I lost my father years ago and it still hurts, just not as badly.

Remember the good times. Prayers for you and your family.

ARman

Posts: 3146 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
So sorry to hear. The wife just lost her mom a month or so ago. It’s a shock. Everyone here is here for you if you need anything. Prayers sent your way.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10895 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
Very nice that you introduced him to shooting. I am sorry for your loss and may the memories be with you forever.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent from Wisconsin; I'm very sorry for your loss.

Posts: 1700 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My deepest and most sincere condolences...He sounds like a Great Man.
May the Lord bless his soul and grant you peace and comfort..

"Shoot lower, Sheriff, They're ridin' shetlands"
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?

Posts: 1360 | Location: S.E. Wi. | Registered: October 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear about your dad.

I lost mine 44 years ago when I was 20.

Time heals somewhat but there is no forgetting... fortunately.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31419 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flying Sergeant
posted Hide Post
Sincerest prayers for your loss. It didn’t really hit me for a couple months, we had some rough times when i was younger, but he was a great man. I miss him, i wish he were still here. I’m sorry for your loss.

Posts: 1673 | Location: Waukesha,WI | Registered: December 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent. He looked and sounded like a cool guy.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7935 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cyanide357
posted Hide Post
P226RN,

Sorry for your loss.

Posts: 249 | Registered: November 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear of your loss.

You can tell a lot about an author by reading their words. You can tell a lot about an athlete by seeing their trophies. And you can tell a lot about a man by the children he raised. Based on what I've seen and read here, your dad was a hell of a man.

My condolences to you.

Posts: 10729 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
My deepest condolences.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
So very sorry.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16266 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
My deepest condolences Tara.

Being a single parent is very challenging as I well know. What you and your dad had is beautiful as are your sentiments.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
So sorry for your loss.

Posts: 11354 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of whododat
posted Hide Post
Very sorry for your loss.

Because son, it is what you are supposed to do.

Posts: 1851 | Location: Escaped to TN | Registered: October 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob at the Beach
posted Hide Post
So very sorry to see this. Condolences for your loss.

Posts: 1473 | Location: Boardwalk, Va Beach | Registered: March 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Very sorry for your loss.

I lost my father in 2016, my mother in 2018, and can sympathize with everything you have already, are going through now, and will go through in the future.

Feel free to reach out as my email is in my profile.

Posts: 3697 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
God is father to the fatherless.-Psalm 68.5
Lord Bless you in your grief.

Two things bring me to tears. The unconditional Love of God,the service of the United States Military,past,present,and future.

I would rather meet
a slick-sleeve private,
than a hollywood star!

Posts: 2334 | Registered: February 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scientific Beer Geek
posted Hide Post
I am very sorry to hear of your loss. I will keep your father and family in my prayers.

Mike

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants to see us happy." - Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2078 | Location: Philadelphia Suburbs | Registered: August 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Very sorry to hear of your father's passing. Condolences to you and your family on your loss.

Posts: 15001 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post