SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Gator attacked neighbors dog, captured killed, photos
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gator attacked neighbors dog, captured killed, photos Login/Join 
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by doublesharp:
quote:
Originally posted by coloradohunter44:
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
I better tell the wife about this. Might need to go out and buy a gun specifically for gators in case an invasion is coming... Big Grin

That’s some good thinking right there!

don't forget two is one one is none. Big Grin

You're right. Best have one for each of us. Big Grin

Posts: 13096 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXk9qywB6Kg

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54603 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
We were staying in Markem Park just North of Westin Florida 2 years ago a dog being walked close to the channel was pulled in by a gator the owner just about joined the pet. Don’t wrap your wrist in the leash’s loop....Hey that kinda sounds like a country song.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4829 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In Auburn, they just pulled a 2 ft baby gator out of subdivision pond. Geniuses decided to toss it into the local creek.

Auburns newest recreational project is a kayaking and walking trail down the local creek.
Creek has been seeded with gators.
This is going to be a spectacle and a half in the near future.

GW.

Posts: 642 | Location: Auburn, AL | Registered: August 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post

Been running through my head since I read this topic before dawn this morning!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:
Don't they usually relocate trapped gators rather than kill them?

It killed a dog.

Not only a dog, it killed s freeking lab, most of whom are a minimum of at least 50lbs. Yikes.
Just out of curiosity, who gets to keep it to eat and skin?

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5306 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Comic Relief
Picture of Eponym
posted Hide Post
He was just turning his life around.

Posts: 4817 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by irreverent:
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:
Don't they usually relocate trapped gators rather than kill them?

It killed a dog.

Not only a dog, it killed s freeking lab, most of whom are a minimum of at least 50lbs. Yikes.
Just out of curiosity, who gets to keep it to eat and skin?

I assume the dog's owner gets the body back, but why he would want to skin and eat his own dog is beyond me.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
I had a black lab named "Nixon" - 90 lbs. He was a great gun dog. He survived a gator attack and was bitten another time by a water moccasin, both in the Everglades. Neither were fun experiences.

It killed a dog.[/QUOTE]

Just out of curiosity, who gets to keep it to eat and skin?[/QUOTE]

Posts: 1978 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post