SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I want all this talk and worry and hand-wringing about gun confiscation to stop
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I want all this talk and worry and hand-wringing about gun confiscation to stop Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
Guys, this crap has to stop. I don't mean slow down or wait until tomorrow to post it. I mean that I want it to stop completely.

It's disheartening. I can't even begin to describe to you. It's disheartening and discouraging and depressing to come in here and see yet another thread or two about this person or that saying that they're going to take our guns.

It's downright silly. No one is taking your firearms. It pisses me off to even have to say this here.

Stop with posting these articles and looking for reassurance. Some of you have problems in your left-leaning states, but I am here to tell that no one is going to confiscate your firearms.
Stop and think for a minute, please- gun confiscation? On a national level? This is something that is simply not going to happen.

I, myself, would not allow even one single round of .22 rimfire ammunition to be taken from me- not the shittiest, lowest capacity magazine, nor firearms that I no longer use or care for. Not one single thing.
And I know something about the gun owners of this nation- if the government tried to confiscate firearms, there would be an outright revolt. Y'see, my people won't make a mess over the trial of some thug that got killed by the police, wouldn't be out in the street, shouting for justice, burning down stores in our own neighborhoods, or any of that stupid animalistic shit that goes on when some people can't handle the truth.
But, you come to us, knock on our doors, and demand that we hand over legally-obtained private property, and then- then you will find out what we can do.
The politicians in this country know this. Hear me? They don't suspect that that's what might happen. They don't say that there's a chance that we might revolt. They know we would, and so do you.

But, it's not even going to come to that. Tell ya what- check this thread in a year. You will still possess whatever it is that you wish to possess.

How shall I put this? I don't know quite how to put it. It's not exactly correct to say that seeing such posts here embarrasses me, but that's not too far off the mark. It's just as when we had hand-wringers and worriers here before the last presidential election, and we had hand-wringers and worries after the election as well. Some of you were certain that Donald Trump would not make it to the White House, even after he was elected, and all due to these bullshit, desperate court challenges.

So, now, just as back then, I wish to be associated with people who possess courage and resolve. Stand up and tell these anti-American jackasses that you will never allow yourself to become a subject, and not a citizen.

In the words of the immortal bard, screw your courage to the sticking point. Man up.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107507 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
I think it's even more pragmatic than that. Remember Clinton's assault weapons ban? Cost the Dems the House for the first time in over 40 years. You know why the Dems didn't push gun control when they had both houses during HUSSEIN's first two years? 'Cause they didn't want to get sent home. The Swamp critters value self-preservation (re-election) above all else.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

It's downright silly. No one is taking your firearms. It pisses me off to even have to say this here.

All of this noise about guns in the media is just noise.

Look at all of the folks getting press, they are mutant commie nobodies getting their Cindy Sheenan 15 minutes. I can't believe folks are up in arms about a 17 year old kid, as if he is the Spokesman Of A Generation.

If it was Hillary in office with a Democratic majority in Congress, I might be inclined to voice concern. But it ain't. And won't be for the near future.

The little doggie is barking loud, but I see no bite.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16679 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
PARA, sorry about posting the NYT editorial by John Paul Stevens. I don't fear anything regarding gun confiscation or even additional gun regs at this point, I just thought the personal opinions of a previous supreme court justice on the subject were interesting.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
You may not be concerned, but plenty are. It's not just this forum. Far from it.

In response to Stevens' remarks, Lindsey Graham- of all people- says he wants every Democrat in Washington to say whether or not they would like to repeal the Second Amendment. The Democrats do not realize what Stevens has done to them. It certainly was not to their benefit.

Come this November, we shall see what's what, and I've a feeling that we're going to clean their clocks.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
All of this noise about guns in the media is just noise.

Noise expressly intended to create the illusion of widespread public concern and a sense of political inevitability. Check the internet; we're already beginning to see articles from liberal publications pondering - at length - why there is no widespread sense of urgency among the general public to enact the gun banners' agenda into law. Without that sense of urgency - as various gun banners have themselves said publicly - no substantial federal gun control law or regulations are possible.

On the other hand, there sure are a lot of gun banners running for election or reelection who seem to think that this is a great opportunity to remind people that they're running for election or reelection. Didja notice?

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
Nothing is going to happen, but if people are worried it may help conservatives come out in November.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
They can worry themselves flat to death if they wish. I just don't want to hear about it.

Picture of JohnnyD
posted Hide Post
quote:
Come this November, we shall see what's what, and I've a feeling that we're going to clean their clocks.

I strongly agree. The Press will tell you (again just like last election cycle) that we have no hope of winning. But I expect we will do just fine.

-----------------------------------

USAF/ANG Retired

Posts: 782 | Location: Garland, (Zombieland) TX. | Registered: February 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey look at the bright side, NRA donations have TRIPLED!

http://freebeacon.com/issues/n...ns-tripled-february/

I have to respectfully disagree with Para just a little bit in that I see gun rights requiring constant vigilance to maintain but I also agree with Para in that it's foolish to think they are going to come take them away tomorrow. The proper balance of vigilance verses hand wringing can be hard to maintain. Of course this is Parabellum's forum and he can and will determine how much discussion is allowed here. Hopefully it can remain within productive bounds..........

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Storm
posted Hide Post
I've seen the results of various polls on the web and TV over the past couple weeks (even one on Fox News Sunday), saying opinion has shifted on gun-control. Well, they are wrong.

This Gallup poll came out yesterday:
Two Broad Approaches to Preventing School Shootings

quote:
By 56% to 41%, Americans are more likely to say the government should change laws related to "school security and mental health system" rather than the "laws on the sales of guns and ammunition" as the best way to prevent future school shootings.

We all just need to get to the polls on Nov. 6 and destroy any hopes the left has of grasping any reigns of power in this country. That's all this hoopla is about is the election in November. That's all the Dems have is the same tired old policies from the same tired old playbook.

Loyalty Above All Else, Except Honor

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 3873 | Location: Colorado | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
I mean that I want it to stop completely.

Thank you.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15210 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigmoid
posted Hide Post
When the weatherman reports, " there is a 60% chance of rain today"
I choose to hear, there is 40% sunshine today!

Para, thanks again for a great reminder of what to focus on

Sure makes it easier to smile, AND to be around
Wink

________,_____________________________
*** Wanna make everything electric? Start with the border wall.

We all live for a little while and then die sooner than we planned.
Your way
or
YAHWEH

Posts: 1302 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I've asked this question before and really don't remember getting a good answer from any of you internet lawyers....

As I understand our country and it's laws... the government can't confiscate someone's property with out paying a 'fair' price for that property. Yes, I recognize that politicians can change the rules, but is this not one of our basic covenants? The bad news is 'they' can take your land and property and who knows if the compensation would really be fair... but just say they put a price of $100 on every gun.... here's the point: It can't be done, no different than when (this is lost in history) when Abraham Lincoln decided the solution to ending slavery and the black problem was to send all black folks back to Africa (I did not make that up) he was informed the U.S. government could in no way afford to do that... it seems to me our government could not afford to purchase our guns.....

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thawed out,
thrown out
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
I've asked this question before and really don't remember getting a good answer from any of you internet lawyers....

As I understand our country and it's laws... the government can't confiscate someone's property with out paying a 'fair' price for that property. Yes, I recognize that politicians can change the rules, but is this not one of our basic covenants? The bad news is 'they' can take your land and property and who knows if the compensation would really be fair... but just say they put a price of $100 on every gun.... here's the point: It can't be done, no different than when (this is lost in history) when Abraham Lincoln decided the solution to ending slavery and the black problem was to send all black folks back to Africa (I did not make that up) he was informed the U.S. government could in no way afford to do that... it seems to me our government could not afford to purchase our guns.....

The government couldn't afford the bullets that would be sent their way if they tried such a move.

Posts: 124 | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OMCHamlin:
Para, if I was contributing to this hysteria with my suggestion for both supporting and donating to the NRA on 3/24, (moneybomb the NRA) because of the lefts hysteria as regards their perception that they must "do something" about all of us evil gun owners, I guess I should apologize?
You did nothing wrong and you have nothing to apologize for. A fundraising effort is a hopeful thing, and quite different than gloomy, hand-wringing posts about how we're all doomed.

His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
If we weren't "doomed" after Sandy Hook, the Pulse Nightclub and Las Vegas, we won't be "doomed" this time.

Posts: 27929 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
I, myself, would not allow even one single round of .22 rimfire ammunition to be taken from me- not the shittiest, lowest capacity magazine, nor firearms that I no longer use or care for. Not one single thing.
And I know something about the gun owners of this nation- if the government tried to confiscate firearms, there would be an outright revolt. Y'see, my people won't make a mess over the trial of some thug that got killed by the police, wouldn't be out in the street, shouting for justice, burning down stores in our own neighborhoods, or any of that stupid animalistic shit that goes on when some people can't handle the truth.
But, you come to us, knock on our doors, and demand that we hand over legally-obtained private property, and then- then you will find out what we can do.
The politicians in this country know this. Hear me? They don't suspect that that's what might happen. They don't say that there's a chance that we might revolt. They know we would, and so do you.

Truth! Here, on this forum, we all know it!

quote:
Hey look at the bright side, NRA donations have TRIPLED!

Yep.
The other side marches on DC and makes a big mess on our public square, leaving tons of trash behind, and we money bomb the NRA.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24073 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's a never-ending battle that we must wage legally and through the legislative process.

Has been like this for decades.

I was perusing 25+ years of old gun magazines the other day. Nothing new under the sun as far as the fight to preserve the 2A / RKBA is concerned.

--------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Thank you Para.
It's been a bit much lately.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post