SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    There's no such thing as a "boneless chicken wing"
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

There's no such thing as a "boneless chicken wing" Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
So, when I order chicken wings, don't ask me "regular, or boneless"?

Call "boneless wings" what they are really: processed chicken in lump form. "Boneless wings" contain anything but actual chicken wing. Ain't that somethin'? So, bring some wings and hold the crap.

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
I completely agree with that, para.

Not exactly on topic, but here's the proper way to eat a chicken wing. Enjoy! Smile

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/BRcOY-PvOC8

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15482 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All this time I thought that the boneless chickens were a flightless variety that were raised on a couch. Now you tell me they don't exist....Oh, the humanity!!!?

Posts: 881 | Registered: December 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
There's no such thing as a "boneless chicken wing"

When they come from boneless chickens there is.

Posts: 27951 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
My redneck cousin Larry refers to eggs as boneless chickens that are in a convenient and easy to carry and store carton.

Posts: 11840 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
quote:
There's no such thing as a "boneless chicken wing"

When they come from boneless chickens there is.

And right down the road....

Complete agreement from me also. That's a chicken meat nugget.

Posts: 5737 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
I’ve never seen chicken wings as worth the hassle. It’s too inefficient.

Posts: 6363 | Location: Modesto, CA | Registered: January 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
I prefer the chicken shoulders.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
I completely agree with that, para.

Not exactly on topic, but here's the proper way to eat a chicken wing. Enjoy! Smile

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/BRcOY-PvOC8

He had me right up to the point of grabbing the wing on the end with the most bone protruding. After that, you don't pull the bones out then eat it, you put the whole thing in your mouth, strip the meat off with your teeth, then discard the bones. Same method with the mini-drumstick.

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow! This is one of my biggest pet peeves! We eat at Wingstop fairly often and every time I order wings they pull that stupid question on me. One time I scolded the gal by saying I ordered wings and what part of wings doesn't she understand. If the damn things don't have bones they sure as hell are not wings. The wife was totally embarrassed. I have to bite my tongue every time they interrupt the order with that stupid question!

Posts: 693 | Location: E. Central Missouri | Registered: January 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified Plane Pusher
Picture of Phantom229
posted Hide Post
Boneless wings are nuggets.

Situation awareness is defined as a continuous extraction of environmental information, integration of this information with previous knowledge to form a coherent mental picture in directing further perception and anticipating future events. Simply put, situational awareness mean knowing what is going on around you.

Posts: 7895 | Location: Around Lake Tapps, Wa | Registered: September 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
And wings with bones are scraps.

To me it's like going to a pizza place and ordering crusts.

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
so pretty much....

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
I prefer breasts.

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6314 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
"There ain't no good in an evil-hearted woman, and I ain't cut-out to be no Jesse James; and you don't go writin' hot checks, down in Mississippi, and there ain't no boneless chicken wings"

With apologies to Mr. Jennings. Big Grin

Posts: 10749 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sargespd
posted Hide Post
Thank you. And don't you just love it when they call them "wyngs"?

I shave with Occam's razor

Posts: 3654 | Location: Springdale (Cincinnati) Ohio USA | Registered: January 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
On a similar note: I noticed that my coffee was tasting a little bit off.

I normally do most of the grocery shopping, but I had texted my wife asking her to stop and pick up some half and half on her way home.

I took a good look at the carton. Well disguised lettering, sort of blends in with the background, easy to miss unless you are looking for it: "Fat Free."

WTF? Fat is the whole point of using half and half in coffee. The real stuff is a blend of milk and cream. I read the label on the fat free stuff. No cream. None whatsoever. The main ingredient is skim milk, followed by a list of lab experiment crap.

How is it permitted to label this stuff "half and half?" Ain't no half of anything. It should be labeled "fake coffee whitener."

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30663 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sargespd:
Thank you. And don't you just love it when they call them "wyngs"?

Beats wangs.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glad I avoided this confusion. Ill stick to my buffalo wings, thank you.

Posts: 5416 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
posted Hide Post

------------------------------------------------

9/11/01 Never Forget

"In valor there is hope" - Tacitus

Posts: 2673 | Location: VA | Registered: April 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post