SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What is a cut request ?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is a cut request ? Login/Join 
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Nope. That's an "avatar", and anyone can have one. You can customize yours in your user profile.
Be advised, it is not good form to post a picture for an avatar that is too big--about 100x100 pixels is about right.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
O.K., I found an avatar I like; it's on a "free" avatars sight; it looks like it is the size of avatars I see on SigForum; do I just copy image and paste in the avatar window in my profile? I'm a comptard when it comes to this stuff.

Posts: 60 | Registered: January 01, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by debwb:
O.K., I found an avatar I like; it's on a "free" avatars sight; it looks like it is the size of avatars I see on SigForum; do I just copy image and paste in the avatar window in my profile? I'm a comptard when it comes to this stuff.

Be sure it fits the size limit. I think the limit is 100x100.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
Size is actually 60x60.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5749 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Don't forget to read the waiver...

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29683 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
Don't forget to read the waiver...

Note also that it's considered bad form to ask about The Waiver...

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Deqlyn:
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:
quote:
I'm too new to know what that means; what is it?

Mark your calendar for January 2027, time goes by faster than you think.

dang seems like a long time, lol.

Well, perhaps rules have changed and I haven't paid attention, but once upon a time the admins (para and lbj, at least) could and would grant a cut on a whim, or a have a thread contest, or someone would go above and beyond in some way, and poof! a cut was born Smile
That's how I got mine, anyhoo. Being helpful in a thread without any intention of "reward" so to speak..so, perhaps not so long if you pay attention..

All that said, it was announced some time ago by Para that anyone here at the 10 yr mark automatically gets a cut of their choosing.

Enjoy the board, it's a great place to learn about so many things! I really haven't found any other place like it.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5306 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

I got mine on the "10 year rule".
<-- stealth CUT Smile

Posts: 10784 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Man, I am having a heck of a time with this avatar thing. I'll probably be working on it until my 10 years. Seems like you need software to download/ resize for conformity requirements and carry the animation with it...

Dies Irae
Picture of Opus Dei
posted Hide Post
quote:
Man, I am having a heck of a time with this avatar thing. I'll probably be working on it until my 10 years. Seems like you need software to download/ resize for conformity requirements and carry the animation with it...
There are websites that resize gifs. Sometimes you have to save the gif to your computer and upload it on the resizing website, some let you do it from where the gif is hosted.

If you can't figure it out, post a link to where the gif is. I or someone else can resize it and one of members here hosts avatars if you don't have a photo hosting account someplace.

Posts: 5750 | Location: Fort Heathen, Texas | Registered: February 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I remember reading a thread about PhotoBucket not being what it used to be and a few members mentioned a better host sight. Can't remember the address other than it was a .org. Any chance someone can knock-me-upside the head with the name again?

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:

Post the URL to the thing to this thread. I'll download image, resize it for you, and post it back. Then you can download it and set it as your avatar.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Was that you
or the dog?
Picture of SHOOTIN BLANKS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by henryaz:

I got mine on the "10 year rule".
<-- stealth CUT Smile

Great use of camo.

Posts: 1633 | Location: PA | Registered: February 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Amateur Astronomer
Picture of Test1968
posted Hide Post
quote:
I remember reading a thread about PhotoBucket not being what it used to be and a few members mentioned a better host sight. Can't remember the address other than it was a .org. Any chance someone can knock-me-upside the head with the name again?

I don't know that one, but I have been using Imgur.com, works for me.

Alcohol
Tobacco
Firearms

Who brought the chips and dip?

Jim

Posts: 14023 | Location: limbo | Registered: August 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks to all with suggestions and help. I attempted resizing in Imgur.com, but it chops it down to his eyes and nose by the time I get to 60x60. I think it's being cropped. If I can't learn how to do this crap; I'll just say the hell with it and remain avatarless.

Dies Irae
Picture of Opus Dei
posted Hide Post
Try One Of These To Resize GIF

Also, I think member Woodman has the site for hosting avatars. If so, you could ask him about hosting your resized avatar.

Posts: 5750 | Location: Fort Heathen, Texas | Registered: February 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
quote:

Any trouble finding an avatar, check with Orguss.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thanks to all with suggestions and help. I attempted resizing in Imgur.com, but it chops it down to his eyes and nose by the time I get to 60x60. I think it's being cropped. If I can't learn how to do this crap; I'll just say the hell with it and remain avatarless.

Post the image or link to what you want for the avatar and I will resize it for you, host it and give you a walk through on putting it up.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43867 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
If you have windows, just use MS Paint to resize before loading to your host site.

Open the image with paint (right click the image, Open With - Paint). Select Resize, select Pixels, type in 60 in Horizontal - 60 in Vertical (if Maintain aspect ratio is selected it will auto populate based off the originals size). Save the image - I save as jpeg. Load to your host site.

You can also use this when you want to drop a pic in on a thread - set horizontal to 600. Doing it before loading to the host is a few more steps then having this host site do it, but it ensures the size is correct and not a thread crasher size.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dies Irae
Picture of Opus Dei
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2012BOSS302:
If you have windows, just use MS Paint to resize before loading to your host site.

Open the image with paint (right click the image, Open With - Paint). Select Resize, select Pixels, type in 60 in Horizontal - 60 in Vertical (if Maintain aspect ratio is selected it will auto populate based off the originals size). Save the image - I save as jpeg. Load to your host site.

You can also use this when you want to drop a pic in on a thread - set horizontal to 600. Doing it before loading to the host is a few more steps then having this host site do it, but it ensures the size is correct and not a thread crasher size.

Not gonna work with a GIF and keep animation.