SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What is a cut request ?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is a cut request ? Login/Join 
posted
I'm too new to know what that means; what is it?

Posts: 60 | Registered: January 01, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
C.U.T. = Custom User Title

It's displayed just under your username. The default is "Member".

For various reasons, the forum admins will grant the privilege of a CUT to certain forum members. That person is then able to request that "Member" be changed to something else of their choosing. For example, my CUT is "Fighting the good fight".

CUTs are sometimes earned for a witty comment, an outstanding achievement, or a memorable life event. And members who have been here for at least 10 years automatically earn a CUT too.

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
Custom
User
Title

Posts: 4986 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
CUT is an acronym for Custom User Title, otherwise you're "Member." Look below my name for an example. You have to earn it by, usually, amusing or otherwise impressing the owners, or you get one automatically after 10 years. You get to choose it, within reason.

Posts: 27929 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
There is one CUT you do not want to earn, that is "BANNED".

We are guests here and sometimes members forget that, and act a fool.

Behave as if you are a guest, because you are.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36838 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by debwb:

Mark your calendar for January 2027, time goes by faster than you think.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:
quote:

Mark your calendar for January 2027, time goes by faster than you think.

dang seems like a long time, lol.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Regarding the "banned" CUT, topics that are unpopular, discouraged, or verboten.. as I remember...

Do not post about: cruelty to animals, especially cats; police shooting dogs; disparge the physical appearance of someone, for instance you can call Michael Moore an intellectually dishonest piece of shit but not a fatass piece of shit; calling Islam the 'religion of peace'; praising a God Damn Commie (GDC) provocatively; mocking Glocks in the Glock thread; profanity in thread titles; conspiracy stuff; Judea-ophobia; mocking the search function.

Forget anything?

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
It's OK to complain about the search function. 'cause let's face it- it blows.

You just can't complain about it in your first post on the board, that's all.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107506 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mr kablammo:
Regarding the "banned" CUT, topics that are unpopular, discouraged, or verboten.. as I remember...

Do not post about: cruelty to animals, especially cats; police shooting dogs; disparge the physical appearance of someone, for instance you can call Michael Moore an intellectually dishonest piece of shit but not a fatass piece of shit; calling Islam the 'religion of peace'; praising a God Damn Commie (GDC) provocatively; mocking Glocks in the Glock thread; profanity in thread titles; conspiracy stuff; Judea-ophobia; mocking the search function.

Forget anything?

When someone passes, give them time to be buried before cracking a joke, no matter how funny it is.
I got a month in the penalty box for cracking a joke about Michael Jackson, and it was damn funny. Smile

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
The 1st rule of CUT club - is to not talk about CUT club.

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4572 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone; hopefully I live long enough to achieve. How about that picture under your title ? Is that a milestone as well ?

Posts: 60 | Registered: January 01, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Nope. That's an "avatar", and anyone can have one. You can customize yours in your user profile.

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thanks everyone; hopefully I live long enough to achieve.

Or, just crack a joke or something that impresses the eagle.
quote:
How about that picture under your title ? Is that a milestone as well ?

That's just the avatar you choose on your own. No permission needed.

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Normality Contraindicated
Picture of italia
posted Hide Post
I search Sig Forum by entering this in a Google search:

custom user title site:sigforum.com

Put the word(s) first, then a blank space, and then site:sigforum.com (no space between 'site:' and 'sigforum.com')

This works on any website on the interweb.

------------------------------------------------------
Though we choose between reality and madness
It's either sadness or euphoria

Posts: 2988 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

I have searched before prior to posting so as to not jib-jab. Only to have a post closed due to already being discussed. Search function can be bad, rest of the site rocks.

A couple of other sites I frequent allow politics discussed. But they don't allow colorful language.

You can also get a cut prior to 10 years, if you make a post that Para really enjoys.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:

That is outstanding.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12406 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:

T he, he, he, he....

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8343 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
And NEVER interject politics into an non political thread....

Crap... did I just break that rule? Eek

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4128 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
quote:

Best post of the year bar none! Big Grin

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post