SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Has Anyone Purchased From jet.com?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Has Anyone Purchased From jet.com? Login/Join 
Dies Irae
Picture of Opus Dei
posted
I want a new television and decided on one. Looking online, I came across a link for jet.com and their price is minimally less than Amazon, however, they have a promotion for 15% off extra when joining.

Reading about jet.com's business model, it seems they dropped a membership fee and offer additional discounts for (say) using a debit card or waiving free returns (good if you're buying your regular household goods, maybe not so much on electronics).

If you have any experience with them-purchases/returns/warranty/whatever, I would appreciate your thoughts.

Posts: 5755 | Location: Fort Heathen, Texas | Registered: February 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dubya
posted Hide Post
I bought a few small things. Shipped quick. Not long ago jet.com was purchased by Walmart to compete better with Amazon.com

Sons of the Republic of Texas, NRA, TSRA
God Bless America

Posts: 4075 | Location: The Great Lone Star State, Texas | Registered: March 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
Their TV commercials are strange.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
My only purchase went smoothly. Item was real deal (Atlas bipod) not a counterfeit.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3450 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather have luck
than skill any day
Picture of mjlennon
posted Hide Post
You know that Jet was recently acquired by Walmart? I'd say you have nothing to be concerned about. I've ordered from both, transactions went smoothly. Shipping is not as fast as Amazon, but I'm a prime member...

Posts: 1827 | Location: Fayetteville, Georgia | Registered: December 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fusternc
posted Hide Post
My one and only purchase went very smoothly and was very well packed. They also had a great coupon code I found online. Shipped quick and free. Would use again.

Posts: 1373 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Bough several things from them no issues, great communication, fast delivery...

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8354 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We've ordered several times from them including groceries and pet items. Good prices and fast shipping. Note Jet.com was purchased by Walmart a while ago and some they this was so they could compete with Amazon.

Posts: 2366 | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Twist
posted Hide Post
Bought a few things from them at different times, a Magpul Hunter 700 stock comes to mind immediately.

No issues with them and pretty fast shipping. They do have some pretty good deals on occasion and I wouldn't hesitate buying from them again.

Posts: 1931 | Location: NOT Houston, Tx (Thank God), but in the area. | Registered: May 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
I've bought from them, mostly dog food. Transactions were smooth with quick shipping. Their packaging was over the top, the 28 lb bags came in very large, heavy duty boxes.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3397 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Seotaji
posted Hide Post
Jet.com is good to go and as was mentioned before, now owned by walmart.

I echo UTsig, their packaging is amazing compared to Amazon's paltry cardboard and a prayer.

Posts: 6917 | Registered: February 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Headhunter
Picture of SPSHOOTER
posted Hide Post
I have never used nor heard of Jet.com. Thought I would check it out as I just purchased a TV this last weekend. Samsung 40 inch UHD 4K. $399 from Costco and shows as $547 on Jet.com. Costco doubles the warranty to two years on all products they sell. Ordered Thurdsay on-line and was delived Saturday free of charge. Just FYI.

Posts: 1513 | Location: San Diego | Registered: March 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jet.com as others have pointed-out is now owned by Walmart. As brick n'mortar retail stores are closing across the country and consumer shopping habits change, the Arkansas giant is looking to get into the on-line space in a big way and challenge Amazon.
Interesting Forbes article from last year after the acquisition.

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
I just placed an order for a bunch of TP, paper towels napkins and those swiffer thingies to run across the floor...they will be here Wednesday.

They were offering 15% off on my first 3 purchases, so I gave them a try...With the discount and no sales tax I maybe saved $10-$12 over brick and mortar plus I don't drive 30 miles to Costco.

So far it has been easy enough and uneventful...someone suggested this online ordering stuff will catch on and be the wave of the future Big Grin

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10587 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dies Irae
Picture of Opus Dei
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SPSHOOTER:
I have never used nor heard of Jet.com. Thought I would check it out as I just purchased a TV this last weekend. Samsung 40 inch UHD 4K. $399 from Costco and shows as $547 on Jet.com. Costco doubles the warranty to two years on all products they sell. Ordered Thurdsay on-line and was delived Saturday free of charge. Just FYI.
I only know of Costco from reading about it, here. I just looked and the closest one is ~100 miles. I'm 50 miles from a Best Buy.

Posts: 5755 | Location: Fort Heathen, Texas | Registered: February 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dies Irae
Picture of Opus Dei
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bisleyblackhawk:
I just placed an order for a bunch of TP, paper towels napkins and those swiffer thingies to run across the floor...they will be here Wednesday.

They were offering 15% off on my first 3 purchases, so I gave them a try...With the discount and no sales tax I maybe saved $10-$12 over brick and mortar plus I don't drive 30 miles to Costco.

So far it has been easy enough and uneventful...someone suggested this online ordering stuff will catch on and be the wave of the future Big Grin
Heh, you just joined, too. Cool

I ordered a TV off jet.com, today. I got a 43" 2016 TCL 4K Roku TV for ~$50.00 less than Amazon (and Dell, who is the vendor) after the 15% discount. The model seems to have better-than-average reviews at markedly less cost.