SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Weird police shooting
Page 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... 38
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Weird police shooting Login/Join 
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
quote:
Originally posted by mutedblade:It boils down to this: why should anyone feel safe around the police that can take your life and spin it around to make YOU look like the asshole that's at fault, when clearly that isn't the case.

While many of us would like to have more information from the MPD and BCA, I haven't heard anyone in an official capacity even come close to blaming her.

Didn't read a word of the search warrant did you? I posted the exact phrasing used by the police officer that requested the warrant. That's as close to blame as I have ever seen without an explicit mouthing of the words. Taking the action to get a search warrant for the deceased victims home, yet not doing the same for the actual perpetrator of the shooting shows a complete bias by the officials involved. It may not have been directly said, but they were hoping to find something that would let them (the PD, the city, and effectively Officer Noor) off the hook! As such, they were trying to "blame" her regardless of their official stance. From the point they found out there was no evidence at the crime scene to the point they came up empty handed in the search, that was their position.

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Icabod:
quote:
I've been wracking my brain over what evidence of a felony the affiant would have probable cause to search for in the decedent's home and in this case, I can't think of a damn thing. If this was a shooting involving an armed suspect or someone believed to have been involved in ANYTHING beyond being the reporting party, I could see some justification. In this case, its just plain strange.

Wasn't there some talk that the victim might have been on some medication?

I am on "some medication". If this same scenario played out and the police shot me in front of my house after I called to report a crime, I should have my credibility questioned because I was on some medication? Sounds like the reasoning of every lefty I've heard say that "mentally ill" people shouldn't own guns.

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
The Mayo Clinic says nearly 7 in 10 Americans take some form of Prescription Medication.

I take it this investigatory tactic is super common, then, right? Like 60+% of all cases?

Surely. No?

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mutedbladeBig Grinidn't read a word of the search warrant did you? I posted the exact phrasing used by the police officer that requested the warrant. That's as close to blame as I have ever seen without an explicit mouthing of the words.

I read the warrant before it was posted here. The case is local, so I've been following it closely. I'm neither and attorney nor LE, but I'd imagine that's the way you'd write a warrant if you had been asked to investigate a case where no one was talking and you weren't exactly sure what the heck you were looking for or might find.

Posts: 8954 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by mutedbladeBig Grinidn't read a word of the search warrant did you? I posted the exact phrasing used by the police officer that requested the warrant. That's as close to blame as I have ever seen without an explicit mouthing of the words.

I read the warrant before it was posted here. The case is local, so I've been following it closely. I'm neither and attorney nor LE, but I'd imagine that's the way you'd write a warrant if you had been asked to investigate a case where no one was talking and you weren't exactly sure what the heck you were looking for or might find.

So, again, what is the purpose of the actual search warrant? If you don't know what you are looking for, how do you know if you found it, and how can it be justified to go looking for something that you can't rightly explain you're looking for? That's called fishing. A search warrant is supposed to be based upon probable cause. This warrant was issued with no such cause. If we are to believe that the home was searched because a "report of female screaming from this residence" which was the basis of the warrant, then it should be acceptable practice to not only search the home listed, but every home within the immediate vicinity, all of which could have had the body of a lady inside it. It is just another deflection/justification of how the police are handling the issue.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mutedblade: It is just another deflection/justification of how the police are handling the issue.

If the goal of the BCA was to pin blame on her, they suck at it. Searched, found nothing and left. What the heck? What kind of amateur corruption is that? Couldn't even come up with some planted evidence?

Posts: 8954 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by mutedblade: It is just another deflection/justification of how the police are handling the issue.

If the goal of the BCA was to pin blame on her, they suck at it. Searched, found nothing and left. What the heck? What kind of amateur corruption is that? Couldn't even come up with some planted evidence?

Oh. They did search other houses in the neighborhood for screaming women. Missed that. Thanks.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Since nothing was recovered, it short circuits a defense claim that she was trying suicide by cop....Defense Attorney, "How do you know she didn't leave a suicide note, you never looked in her home." Now the investigator can answer no note, nothing found. Sometimes the purpose of specific portion of an investigation is to eliminate some possibilities. Since one side is dead and the shooter is not talking, this investigation has to take the long route to fill in the holes.

They seem to be doing it right, getting all the ducks in line so they can charge this guy correctly. Totally unlike the Tulsa shooting where the DA decided to charge the female officer before the investigation was half done, the autopsy results were known and the tox screen results known.

Posts: 3926 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is a serious question, not an assertion of what happened in this case:

Do investigators ever get a search warrant walk up to the door and ask the decedent's family if they'd mind if they took a look for anything that would help? If the person says: "No problem", they glance around the kitchen, everything looks as expected and they leave. If there is a ziplock of Oxy on the counter or if the person at the door says: "Get the Hell out of here" the warrant comes out and they're ready to proceed.

Again, I don't know how this search was conducted, but the fact that the family attorney isn't raising hell about it suggests that it wasn't a trash the house with guns drawn affair.

semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
This is a serious question, not an assertion of what happened in this case:

Do investigators ever get a search warrant walk up to the door and ask the decedent's family if they'd mind if they took a look for anything that would help? If the person says: "No problem", they glance around the kitchen, everything looks as expected and they leave. If there is a ziplock of Oxy on the counter or if the person at the door says: "Get the Hell out of here" the warrant comes out and they're ready to proceed.

Again, I don't know how this search was conducted, but the fact that the family attorney isn't raising hell about it suggests that it wasn't a trash the house with guns drawn affair.

I've done that on more than one occasion....

we had a Search warrant for drugs, etc...when we got there the dealer was on the porch and we just casually strolled up and asked if we could talk to him....he declined and we pulled out the paper...boom....plenty of drugs on the table just inside the door...

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11270 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
As a demonstration, a reporter drove his car through the alley to show what the 2 officers saw that night.

Not dramatic, but adds some context.

https://youtu.be/oj-DqAxLfEs

a little eerie to think she was following behind them as they drove down the alley

Posts: 19563 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
As a demonstration, a reporter drove his car through the alley to show what the 2 officers saw that night.

As far as alleys go, that's a very nice looking neighborhood. Newer cars, lights on many of the garages, clean, trash cans tucked neatly to the sides.

No cars on blocks, beaters, pit bulls running loose, mattresses and other trash dumped, graffiti, abandoned homes, like we have here in the St. Louis area.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15712 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
The total lack of reporting and information on this has a stench to it. Official statements not being released has never hindered the media from speculating and publishing such. It's often used as way to get officials to come forth with a official statement just to stop the speculation.

This episode has a eerie quiet about it. From both sides.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8524 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
BCA said some of their work won't be done till January. Seems like a long time.

Posts: 19563 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
BCA said some of their work won't be done till January. Seems like a long time.

A helluva long time. Not credible.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8933 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

a little eerie to think she was following behind them as they drove down the alley

If she was trying to get their attention, so the officers would not proceed further, a slap on the car makes sense. However that is no excuse for shooting a woman in pajamas.

-c1steve

Posts: 4052 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It will be too cold in January for a half way decent riot. Damn.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16067 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
It will be too cold in January for a half way decent riot. Damn.

Maybe that's why they're delaying till then.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8933 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
No one riots when a white is shot and killed by a non-white. That's rule #1 in How To Get Your Riot On.

Posts: 4076 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by c1steve:
quote:

If she was trying to get their attention, so the officers would not proceed further, a slap on the car makes sense. However that is no excuse for shooting a woman in pajamas.

Eerie? Um... No. Perfectly natural. You're waiting out in the alley for the police. Maybe listening to see if you hear the screams again and from whence they come. The officers pass your house. Maybe they missed the address number. You try to wave them down but they don't see you. You follow after. They stop at the end of the alley. You catch up but are a little out of breath and feel silly in your pajamas. You're afraid they may pull out so you slap/rap/knock/tap the back of the car to get their attention so they won't drive off and leave you. You walk over to the drivers window. You become deceased.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post