SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Weird police shooting
Page 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 38
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Weird police shooting Login/Join 
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
So when do the riots start?

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I kind of like Margie Here. She already has the accent from the upper Midwest.

Posts: 17231 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
The new chief will be (check all that apply):

__Gay
__Transgender
__Female
__Black
__Handicapped
__Feminist
__Communist
__Muslim
__Asian

__Meat Popsicle

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Wow. Phony is exactly right.

These protesters though. They scream for change, but who do you imagine they will vote for in the next election?

I think it's 100% genuine. I have seen that face before, that is the liberal "Aww, look at them, watch them as they express their rights and their aggravation at the system that has kept them down".

I watched our mayor and City Council allow a similar thing to happen last year. They didn't get ran out, but they might as well have.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chongosuerte:
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Wow. Phony is exactly right.

These protesters though. They scream for change, but who do you imagine they will vote for in the next election?

I think it's 100% genuine. I have seen that face before, that is the liberal "Aww, look at them, watch them as they express their rights and their aggravation at the system that has kept them down".

I watched our mayor and City Council allow a similar thing to happen last year. They didn't get ran out, but they might as well have.

The phony I was referring to is the Mayor. She's a phony. I was agreeing with sdy's post.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30407 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by H&K-Guy:
Even with the P. C. shooting, there was more evidence presented right away. I find the silence that has gone on for two days troubling.

H&K-Guy

That's my main issue at this point. Exactly what happened at Ferguson. Nothing from the agency for like 3 or 4 days - by that time an entire legend had been built that many still believe today. They need to get out in front of this and issue a statement.

And sorry, not to bring up old shit, but this is absolutely, not true.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Minneapolis is unusually quiet this morning. Sitting in the Uptown restaurant I have Saturday breakfast at. Not a squad in site -

Just got a haircut eariler and my barber said that he's been in contact with many of the cops he cuts...safe to say they are planning a celebration party with the ouster of this chief.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12328 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Policing in America is local. The management of that Dept appears to reflect the community and they are getting the Police that they asked for.

The fact that the results are not the rainbows and puppy dogs that leftist multiculturalism promised...reality laughs in the distance.

Shame that this happens, but local LE in America is in trouble. Low pay, poor retention, minimal training...and most of it is useless, weak management, and a community that is often divorced from the reality of Policing.

If you give a man a fish, he will eat for a day. If you teach a man to hunt insurgents and give him a fish, you can win a war with enough fish.

Posts: 3045 | Location: CONUS | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
http://www.abc.net.au/news/201...lis-shooting/8726526

Timeline

1127 pm first 911 call from Justine Damond

1135 pm second 911 call from Justine Damond

1139 pm Noor and Harrity arrive

1141 pm officers report the shooting

The alley is 630 feet long. If they drove at 5 mph, it would take 1.4 minutes to go from 50th st to 51st

Posts: 19569 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
What a tragic loss to the family and a total fuck up by those in charge. They all deserve to go down for such stupid decisions. Bye bye Betsy - we don;t want you is right.

You can take the boy out of Mogadishu, but you cant take Mogadishu out of the boy.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
You can take the boy out of Mogadishu, but you cant take Mogadishu out of the boy.

Yep.

Minneapolis shooting brings unwelcome attention to Somalis

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireS...=social_twitter_abcn

The killing of an unarmed Australian woman by a Minneapolis police officer who is a Somali-American has turned an unwelcome spotlight on the city's beleaguered Somali community, where many again find themselves on the defensive.

The city's police chief said Officer Mohamed Noor's race and ethnicity had nothing to do with the July 15 killing of Justine Damond, who was shot after she called 911 to report a possible rape. But negative comments have included former U.S. Rep. Michele Bachmann's recent statement that Noor was an "affirmative-action hire by the hijab-wearing mayor of Minneapolis" — an apparent reference to the fact that Mayor Betsy Hodges has worn a head scarf when meeting with leaders of the city's Somali-American community. Bachmann also suggested Noor may have shot Damond for "cultural" reasons.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12328 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
- BREAKING -

Minneapolis Police Chief Janee Harteau has resigned, according to the department. Story to come.

Under her leadership this has been a department in distress for years.

She has not "had the back" of her officers and has greatly constrained them from tackling gang violence. Good riddance.

http://m.startribune.com/after...oversight/435864713/

This amputation will not remedy the gangrenous corruption of political correctness. Standards of training and competence are eclipsed by political consideration and social justice priorities. All of this is leveraged by the fact that these people authority to apply deadly force. There are a lot of details that we don't know right now, but all roads lead to Rome as it were. The mayor needs to step aside too.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29695 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Seems that there is an eyewitness on the scene.

quote:
The Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension said in a news release Friday that the person was bicycling nearby just before the shooting and stopped and watched officers perform CPR Justine Damond late on July 15.

The Star Tribune (http://strib.mn/2tQ5y2S ) reports that an unnamed source with direct knowledge of the investigation said the witness filmed part of the encounter. It doesn't say whether that includes the actual shooting or only the aftermath.

http://www.kswo.com/story/3594...ting-witness-emerges

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16691 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Yep.

Minneapolis shooting brings unwelcome attention to Somalis

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireS...=social_twitter_abcn

The killing of an unarmed Australian woman by a Minneapolis police officer who is a Somali-American has turned an unwelcome spotlight on the city's beleaguered Somali community, where many again find themselves on the defensive.

The city's police chief said Officer Mohamed Noor's race and ethnicity had nothing to do with the July 15 killing of Justine Damond, who was shot after she called 911 to report a possible rape. But negative comments have included former U.S. Rep. Michele Bachmann's recent statement that Noor was an "affirmative-action hire by the hijab-wearing mayor of Minneapolis" — an apparent reference to the fact that Mayor Betsy Hodges has worn a head scarf when meeting with leaders of the city's Somali-American community. Bachmann also suggested Noor may have shot Damond for "cultural" reasons.

Well, I suppose it's unlikely that Damond's pajamas were sufficiently burkah-like to comply with the Mohammedan dress code.

Posts: 26901 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
race and ethnicity had nothing to do with the July 15 killing

"affirmative-action hire"

Starting to sound very bad.

Posts: 7019 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KevinCW:
quote:
quote:
Even with the P. C. shooting, there was more evidence presented right away. I find the silence that has gone on for two days troubling.

H&K-Guy

That's my main issue at this point. Exactly what happened at Ferguson. Nothing from the agency for like 3 or 4 days - by that time an entire legend had been built that many still believe today. They need to get out in front of this and issue a statement.

KevinCW, see my rants/posts on page 6 to see if I missed anything from your perspective. I know you were on the line down there more than I was.

quote:
Originally posted by ulsterman:
quote:

IF you think it is bad now, just think how bad it will be IF (and this is just conjecture at this time based on the lack of information and my gut feeling) the officer is straight up idiot that they pushed though. There will probably be documentation from the academy and field training officers that was ignored just so the mayor and chief could have a "first" moment.

Posts: 3934 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
We had a straight up idiot AA hire as a fire chief in Albany back in the 90's.

He ORDERED the crew to let two children burn to death in a house fire so he could have a body recovery experience on his resume.

Imminent domain could not shield the city from the two million dollar payout from the law suit.

When he was fired for incompetence he also successfully sued the city over discrimination.

You just can't make this shit up. My brother in law was the plaintiff's attorney for the wrongful death suit and was beyond shocked when he won the suit.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jsbcody:
quote:
Originally posted by KevinCW:
quote:
quote:

H&K-Guy

KevinCW, see my rants/posts on page 6 to see if I missed anything from your perspective. I know you were on the line down there more than I was.

quote:
Originally posted by ulsterman:
quote:

IF you think it is bad now, just think how bad it will be IF (and this is just conjecture at this time based on the lack of information and my gut feeling) the officer is straight up idiot that they pushed though. There will probably be documentation from the academy and field training officers that was ignored just so the mayor and chief could have a "first" moment.

Normally, affirmative action hires will rise to the highest level of their incompetence.

It is starting to appear that this one will cost a city a large amount of money.

The city deserves it.

Posts: 7019 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
- BREAKING -

Minneapolis Police Chief Janee Harteau has resigned, according to the department. Story to come.

Under her leadership this has been a department in distress for years.

She has not "had the back" of her officers and has greatly constrained them from tackling gang violence. Good riddance.

http://m.startribune.com/after...oversight/435864713/

They carried the press conference live on FOX News... and it devolved into chaos...
“The whole world is watching our clown show.”

July 22, 2017
The PC Revolution Devours its Children in Minneapolis
By Thomas Lifson

The appalling spectacle of Minneapolis Mayor Betsy Hodge’s press conference taken over by radical black protestors, nationally televised live on Fox News, has exposed the inevitable degeneration of identity politics there. The mayor must have expected that her announcement of her firing of the city’s “mold-breaking” openly lesbian police chief would calm the waters.

Instead, the insurgents who had gathered for a rally in Loring Park and marched to City Hall created a circus and made the mayor the sad clown.

Photo: Tony Webster/Flickr

You can watch the entire agonizing 17 minutes below, or just click and within seconds the chaos erupts.

The city I grew up in has been radically transformed, with approximately one hundred thousand Somalis imported through a State Department initiative taken because of the state’s generous welfare expenditures. An entire African, Muslim community was grafted onto what had been the most heavily Caucasian major metropolitan area in the country. Perhaps the first ever diversity graft onto an American metropolis, engineered by the federal government.

I can only hope that the worldwide attention the story of the shooting of pretty, blonde, Australian immigrant Justine Damond by Somali immigrant cop Mohammed Noor opens the door to exposing the PC madness that has gripped Minneapolis to worldwide ridicule. As Scott Johnson of Powerline ruefully headlines, “The whole world is watching our clown show.”

http://www.americanthinker.com..._in_minneapolis.html

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24102 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
quote:
The city I grew up in has been radically transformed, with approximately one hundred thousand Somalis imported through a State Department initiative taken because of the state’s generous welfare expenditures. An entire African, Muslim community was grafted onto what had been the most heavily Caucasian major metropolitan area in the country. Perhaps the first ever diversity graft onto an American metropolis, engineered by the federal government.

Importing poverty from abroad, creating slums (and dependence) in areas throughout the country. Somalia is a shit hole, who would ever think this is a good idea to import people from there, or from several other shit holes in the world.

Clown show is right, it's all a clown show and the clowns are our political leaders and the puppet masters.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post