SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Canners and preservers: where do you get your oxygen absorbers?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Canners and preservers: where do you get your oxygen absorbers? Login/Join 
Picture of vthoky
posted
My quickie search shows that the oxygen absorbers I can find quickly don't appear to be US-made. Are there domestic suppliers of these things? Do you guys and gals have a preferred source? I'm not needing a pile of them, necessarily -- I'm just aiming to put some beans and rice into some jars I have on hand.

Thanks, all.

God bless America.

Posts: 13486 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
Years ago, I bought a big package of them from the local LDS food pantry in Houston.
If you find a good supply, you might want to separate them into smaller amounts and use your vacuum sealer to protect them.

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Aha! Lehman's!

I don't know why I didn't think of them earlier.

God bless America.

Posts: 13486 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
If you are near a Winco Grocery Store, they are stocked.

Posts: 11837 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
I pick up tons of hand warmers on sale near the end of each winter...

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Distinguished Pistol Shot
posted Hide Post
You can "dry can" beans and rice as well. It's a relatively low temp canning process done in the oven. Check out Youtube for several videos on the subject.

Posts: 832 | Location: South Central MO | Registered: August 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post