New
Find
Notify
Tools

Goodbye Lucy Login/Join 
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
Every time I see one of these posts I have to think about my little buddies that are no longer with me.

Sorry for your loss.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks to all for the prayers and the caring. Appreciate it. She was 8 when we got her and tried to give her a good run for 5 more. She was a pain in the butt at times as those who have Labs know. Bark loudly at everything, eat everything, farts that would clear out a room, grunt, and the works. However, she was loyal and watched the kids like a hawk. When the "weinerhunden"would make a break for it you just had to tell Lucy to "get the boys" and she would herd them in like a protective old mother. She took to my family quickly and we to her as well. She will be missed.

Again thanks to all.

Posts: 4054 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Shop. Adopt.
Picture of hapevo
posted Hide Post
Toughest of times. So sorry for your loss...

"Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever." - Karen Davison

"Man can measure the values of his own soul in the look of the eyes of an animal he's helped" - Author Unkown

Posts: 1524 | Location: NorCal | Registered: April 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Sorry Fuzz. You guys did good taking her in. You know, she knew no other family. But yours, hers. She looks like a great girl.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19181 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone to the Dogs
Picture of tomgun
posted Hide Post
What a beautiful girl!
My own lucee is 15 now and I'm just appreciating every day I have with her.
You have my sympathy.

Posts: 1696 | Location: Lake Tapps, WA. | Registered: June 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
So sorry for you loss.

Posts: 12920 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't burn
the day away
posted Hide Post
Very sorry, she went to the bridge knowing she was loved.

Posts: 2074 | Location: Worcester County, MA  | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Bandit and I send our condolences

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53176 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry for your loss of Lucy. Good on you for making a life for, and with her.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5480 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
RIP Lucy and condolences to her family. You can bet she was grateful for the loving home she lucked her way into.

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post