Find
Notify
Tools

Goodbye Lucy Login/Join 
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
God Speed Lucy. Sorry for your loss!

Posts: 1772 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NMPinNYC
posted Hide Post
Rest in Peace sweet girl. In Lucy's honor, here's something I found when we helped our senior citizen rescue kitty to the other side last fall. Still makes the screen blurry when I read it, but the message comforts me, as I hope it will, you.

The House Dog's Grave (Haig, an English bulldog)

I've changed my ways a little; I cannot now
Run with you in the evenings along the shore,
Except in a kind of dream; and you, if you dream a moment,
You see me there.

So leave awhile the paw-marks on the front door
Where I used to scratch to go out or in,
And you'd soon open; leave on the kitchen floor
The marks of my drinking-pan.

I cannot lie by your fire as I used to do
On the warm stone,
Nor at the foot of your bed; no, all the night through
I lie alone.

But your kind thought has laid me less than six feet
Outside your window where firelight so often plays,
And where you sit to read--and I fear often grieving for me--
Every night your lamplight lies on my place.

You, man and woman, live so long, it is hard
To think of you ever dying
A little dog would get tired, living so long.
I hope that when you are lying

Under the ground like me your lives will appear
As good and joyful as mine.
No, dear, that's too much hope: you are not so well cared for
As I have been.

And never have known the passionate undivided
Fidelities that I knew.
Your minds are perhaps too active, too many-sided. . . .
But to me you were true.

You were never masters, but friends. I was your friend.
I loved you well, and was loved. Deep love endures
To the end and far past the end. If this is my end,
I am not lonely. I am not afraid. I am still yours.

Robinson Jeffers, 1941

Best regards,
Nick.

NRA Life Member and Certified Instructor

Posts: 710 | Location: Back in northern NJ/NY State Catskills | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I"m sorry to hear about Lucy, but, it sounds like she had a lot more with you than she would have without. And you, too.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for being there for her when she needed you.

Posts: 872 | Location: TN | Registered: December 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good bye Lucy....

Frown

ARman

Posts: 3152 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Good girl, Lucy.

Posts: 26905 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rangeme101
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss. Looks like she had a great senior life with you guys. RIP Lucy.

" like i said,....i didn't build it, i didn't buy it, and i didn't break it."

Posts: 1299 | Location: N. Georgia | Registered: March 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
Godspeed good girl. I am sorry for your loss, as Monkey expressed hers is a face of pure love. She reminds me very much of one of my current good boys.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My heart goes out to you man. I lost my buddy in January of this year and I miss him every day. He was also a yellow lab.

Posts: 2128 | Location: Tacoma, Wa. | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Texas Proud
Picture of texassierra
posted Hide Post
Frown Thanks for taking her in and showing her what love is.

NRA Life Patron

Posts: 1906 | Location: DFW | Registered: March 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry to hear about the loss of Lucy. It's amazing how much joy Labs can bring to a home. I still miss our Golden Lab Sadie that we lost almost 2 years ago. Rest in peace, pretty girl.

Posts: 3519 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Bye Lucy, tell Bud and Wendy we miss them when you cross over the rainbow bridge.

Posts: 3723 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

I believe they wait for us...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43884 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
Condolences sent. Lucy was fortunate to find you.

Posts: 4499 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss.

I think there is something in my eye. Lucy's face could be my old lab. She looks so happy.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16400 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am so sorry for Lacys passing. Been down that road and I miss them all Remember all the good times.

Posts: 2353 | Location: Vancouver WA | Registered: September 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The best memories never die.

Posts: 785 | Location: Eastern Ma. | Registered: November 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lost my Great Dane buddy Henry 2 weeks ago. Still very tough. I know how you am the family feel. So sorry.

Several Sigs and some others. Like and use them all.

Posts: 28 | Location: alabama | Registered: February 10, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
I really haven't met a dog that wasn't loyal, brave and loving to their companion humans. I have met a minority of humans in that class....

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sauer Kraut
posted Hide Post
It's always hard to see them go, she is a cutie. Sorry for your loss but I'm sure it was a great 5 years for both of you.

Posts: 729 | Location: Middle (of nowhere) Georgia  | Registered: December 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post