Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Goodbye Lucy Login/Join 
posted
We fostered an old yellow lab named Lucy 5 years ago. She then turned into a forever foster. Just a little while ago we took her to the vet to be put down. She was in pain and miserable. Now Lucy is at peace. Here is a pic from last night in the Pathfinder. Went for a ride with the wife and kids and stopped for some cheeseburgers and an ice cream cone. RIP Big Girl.

[IMG:left] [/IMG]

Posts: 4019 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy high and sell "low"
Picture of archerman
posted Hide Post
Goodbye Lucy, and is sounds like she took good care of you for the last 5 years.

Archerman

Posts: 2475 | Location: N. Idaho | Registered: February 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Frown

Dang.

If that is not the face of pure love.

I am glad for you and Lucy, that she rescued you when you needed her.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43794 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
So sorry. They make life so much better for us. May she RIP.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10894 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E Pluribus Unum
Picture of JRC
posted Hide Post
So very sorry for your loss.

My Chipper, Heidi, Tillie and Sampson look forward to welcoming your Lucy across the Rainbow Bridge.

https://www.rainbowsbridge.com/Poem.htm

Posts: 1407 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: March 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fool for the City
Picture of MRMATT
posted Hide Post
Nothing matches the companionship of a good dog. My sincerest condolences.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington.

Posts: 5291 | Location: Pottstown, PA | Registered: April 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Only been a year for me, so these posts are still quite difficult to read.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12556 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I've yet to personally experience the loss of a pet, but I do sympathize. (My eldest cat, Rusty, died while I was away from home, at the vet's, following a supposedly routine procedure. I was very upset that I wasn't with him at the time.)

Lucy sounds as if she were a wonderful companion.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Rest in peace Lucy.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20738 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
So sorry for your loss. They leave such a void when they are gone. Good girl, Lucy

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4357 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
So sorry for your loss and happy that you had such a great girl for 5 years.

I've made that same drive twice and it is the hardest thing to do.

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Heartbreaking.

I still choke up when I think about my Pippi girl.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30519 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss. RIP Lucy.

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
at least you gave her 5 good years.

I'm beginning to get attached to my dogs. they grow on you.

I understand they have about 10 years lifespan for mini-poodles. I've started thinking how many more years I still have them. Yeah, i'm a half-empty glass kind of guy. But I don't let them know what I'm thinking.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19570 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
RIP Lucy and bless you for giving her the best years of her life. She will be forever in your heart.

Posts: 9729 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
So sad to lose a four legged family member.
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So sorry, you have our prayers.

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1523 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Browndrake
posted Hide Post
Wishing you comfort my friend. Losing a good dog is awfully hard. We had to put our black lab down almost 3 years ago and there is not a day that goes by that I don't think of those kind and gentle brown eyes looking up at me.

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
- 1 Corinthians 16:13-14

Posts: 883 | Location: Southwest Michigan | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shoevb
posted Hide Post
So sorry to hear about Lucy. It sounds like you gave her a good home.

Posts: 1215 | Location: Hampton Roads | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
That's the thing about rescuing animals.
They rescue us to.
Thank you for providing the dog a loving home and opening your life to such a great one.

Posts: 5015 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post