SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Charles Manson dead
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Charles Manson dead Login/Join 
Free radical
scavenger
Picture of rh
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
I always heard he wanted to start a race war. That was what "helter skelter" was all about.

If you search, you'll find conflicting reports (including Wikipedia), but the "old time" story was that Pete Townshend (The Who) told Paul McCartney (Beatles) about a new song The Who recently recorded with a raw and loud sound - "I Can See for Miles". Paul McCartney, not being known for writing that type of music, tried to outdo The Who with "Helter Skelter". Manson's mind interpreted McCartney's "Helter Skelter" as being a sign to start an apocalyptic race war.

Posts: 1140 | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FishOn:
quote:
Originally posted by Ironbutt:
In the immortal words of Lt Col Kilgore:
"Charlie don't surf!"

I always thought that was referring to the enemy? (VC) Was that a Manson reference?

Juxtaposing cultural symbols and creating a meme.

The phrase from Apopsicle Now, is only relevant to "Charlie" (Viet Cong/V.C./Victor Charlie) and the statement that ..."the (surf) point, belongs to Charlie." And Duvall's reply; "Charlie don't surf!"

Duvall ain't worried about Charlie.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43881 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bat shit crazy didn't even come close to describing him. Gave me the willies.

Posts: 7019 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Oh, the horror.

http://www.foxnews.com/food-dr...manson-doughnut.html

BFD

People need to get a grip

Posts: 107579 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Latest news on the situation - Manson's grandson plans to claim the body, have him cremated, and take the remains back to Florida.

There was a GoFundMe to get the costs to come and claim the body in the time allotted, but it got cancelled.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new...er-article-1.3653298

Posts: 2772 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post