SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Charles Manson dead
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Charles Manson dead Login/Join 
Get busy living
or get busy dying!
Picture of heathtx
posted Hide Post
In my opinion, this is not a loss to the world

Posts: 1233 | Location: Rockwall County (God's Country) TX | Registered: February 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
He won't be missed.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Well it's about freaking time...I always try to say something good about the dead...so here goes, "Good...he's dead"

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10584 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
Excerpt from a Time Magazine Interview of Vincent Bugliosi, prosecutor and author of the book "Helter Skelter".

"What is the meaning of the title of your book?
Helter-skelter was the motive for the murders. Manson borrowed that term from a Beatles song on the White Album. In England, helter-skelter is a playground ride. To Manson, helter-skelter meant a war between whites and blacks that the Beatles were in favor of. When the album first came out, in December of '68, he got a copy, and he came racing back to the ranch all excited and said, "The Beatles are telling it like it is! The s___ is coming down!" It was this war that he felt he could ignite by killing white people and blaming black militants, this war called helter-skelter."

Time Interview Link

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3762 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
The only thing that made me sad when reading of his death, was the part that said "of natural causes".

Posts: 13678 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
Dead is a relative term. Welcome to Act 2 Charlie....

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
He was a character in FX's American Horror Story "Cult" this year. I hope he or his family were not paid!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Adios, Chuck! The bad part of this story is that taxpayers are still footing the bill for the other major members of the "family".

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16070 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Charles Manson dead.

I really like the way that sounds.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43870 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^
Sort of roll it around in your mouth like a fine whiskey. So good!

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9145 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Who cares? Manson and his clan committed fewer murders than your average street gang in any modern American city.

He orchestrated some shit 50 years ago. Big deal. Manson was nothing ever more than a trashy punk with a line of bullshit. Turning him into a star was something I never understood.

He managed to get a handful of naive kids to commit murders a half a century ago. Why make him into a legend? We shouldn't have even acknowledged his death, because it just doesn't matter.

Posts: 107506 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You had to grudgingly admire his powers of persuasion. Along with Jim Jones, who convinced 900 of his followers to commit suicide, Manson convinces his to brutally murder 8-9 people and I can't convince my kid to take out the trash.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
I've not talked of him all these years.

I'm glad this is his exit, and no more "news" about appeals, no more "interviews", no more limelight.

Only the diminishing sound of the garbage truck as it makes it's way down the road.

Good riddance to bad garbage.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43870 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
In the immortal words of Lt Col Kilgore:
"Charlie don't surf!"

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NK402:
You had to grudgingly admire his powers of persuasion. Along with Jim Jones, who convinced 900 of his followers to commit suicide, Manson convinces his to brutally murder 8-9 people and I can't convince my kid to take out the trash.

I was at an age that would have plugged right into the family at that time. Those people looked like me and those I knew. Getting into a girl's pants then was a major accomplishment, Manson had them killing for him. Not just one, bunches.

I was really stupid then and assigned magic powers to CM. I didn't realize it was more about the people than Manson. Comparing this to Jim Jones works for me, yes, the people were begging to be led. A couple manipulators got lucky by their standards and found the message.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8330 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
quote:

I was at an age that would have plugged right into the family at that time. Those people looked like me and those I knew. Getting into a girl's pants then was a major accomplishment, Manson had them killing for him. Not just one, bunches.

I was really stupid then and assigned magic powers to CM. I didn't realize it was more about the people than Manson. Comparing this to Jim Jones works for me, yes, the people were begging to be led. A couple manipulators got lucky by their standards and found the message.

In his long buildup Manson dabbled in it all. Auto theft, robbery, pimping. This last is the key. Pimps tend to tell people what they want to hear. You're beautiful. No one else understands you but me, etc.Then they convince them to do things to prove their love. There is a reason that the vast majority of his followers were women. The men he had the added incentive of the women.

In the end he was nothing more than a common pimp.

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
You had to grudgingly admire his powers of persuasion.
No, I do not. I don't admire jack shit about that piece of garbage. If you "admire" him, that's not my problem.

Posts: 107506 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
You had to grudgingly admire his powers of persuasion...

Look at who he was persuading. Those followers were the lowest form of hippie life the world had seen at that point, easy to persuade because they were predisposed to violence, drug-addled...

Manson fascinated us because he was so exceedingly disgusting, and took others with him on his trip to Hell. The rest of us celebrate his death.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9145 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Media really having to stretch in an attempt to tie Charles Manson to the right...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ironbutt:
In the immortal words of Lt Col Kilgore:
"Charlie don't surf!"

I always thought that was referring to the enemy? (VC) Was that a Manson reference?

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post