SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Charles Manson dead
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Charles Manson dead Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Tom Snyder interviewed Manson back in the early 80s. I was in high school at the time, and I remember it was fascinating. Snyder didn't take any crap from that little freak.

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz

Posts: 5160 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
That nut job went nuttier with every passing year.

One thing that's always bothered me is why some people glorified that vile person. What is the obsession? Why wear a Manson t-shirt or write to him in prison?

Posts: 45374 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Donate Blood,
Save a Life!
Picture of StarTraveler
posted Hide Post
Finally. Too many decades, victims, and induced nightmares of those he terrorized too late.

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I will either find a way or make one)." -- Hannibal Barca

Posts: 2104 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
One down, how many more to go?

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10909 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
I was in the Marines & stationed in CA at the time this all happened & it was in the news for months. Well, no thanks to California, Charlie's finally burning in hell, where he should've been for the last 50 years.

To put things in perspective, what he & his loyal followers did back then would barely make the daily news today, then be completely forgotten in a day or two.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Floyd D. Barber:
[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/wON86JTQBlw" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

Was that Geraldo Rivera interviewing him? If so, Geraldo would have beat the dog shit out of him.

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz

Posts: 5160 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ironbutt:
I was in the Marines & stationed in CA at the time this all happened & it was in the news for months. Well, no thanks to California, Charlie's finally burning in hell, where he should've been for the last 50 years.

To put things in perspective, what he & his loyal followers did back then would barely make the daily news today, then be completely forgotten in a day or two.

Sad but I've always thought if they hadn't killed famous and wealthy people they would have likely been out decades ago. Maybe not Charlie but the rest of them.

Posts: 9513 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
And how much did his incarceration cost us taxpayers?

I am glad he is gone, but it should have happened about 5 minutes after the guilty verdict.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elk Hunter:
And how much did his incarceration cost us taxpayers?

I am glad he is gone, but it should have happened about 5 minutes after the guilty verdict.

+1000. Hope he chocked on his own vomit. Rot in Hell Charlie.

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3762 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BMR:
quote:
Originally posted by Floyd D. Barber:
[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/wON86JTQBlw" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

Was that Geraldo Rivera interviewing him? If so, Geraldo would have beat the dog shit out of him.

I don't know about all that. I do seem to remember an interview in the late 80's, possibly this same one, where Charlie got a little fed up with Geraldo's bravado. I believe the conversation went along the lines of Geraldo asking if Charlie wished him harm. Charlie said no and continued with something along the lines of "if I wanted you gone I have an icepick in NY that will do it tomorrow." Geraldo's bravado wilted a bit after that.

Physical stuff was irrelevant. Manson had a lot of influence over a lot of sickos.

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Funny thing is, Charlie wasn't a whole lot worse than many, just demonized more than most. He was good at manipulating people, which wasn't too difficult when those people were drug-addled teenaged girls. He didn't kill anyone, he just talked the dopers into doing it.

But, the world is a better place this morning.

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
The fact that he lived this long is a failure of society. He should have been executed in the early 70's. Why did we bother to warehouse him for 40+ years.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Can anyone else corroborate what this article is saying? That the murder spree with Tate was Manson's bid to start a race war?

Link

In the middle of the article, it says, "Manson ordered Atkins, Krenwinkel, Watson, and Linda Kasabian to begin “Helter Skelter,” his term for an end-of-days battle he hoped to start between whites and blacks (loosely inspired by The Beatles song of the same name). They would murder whites and frame blacks to start the race war, which blacks would win at first. After black people took over the world, Manson believed, his family would hide out in the desert and eventually overtake them to rule the Earth."

This is the first time I remember hearing the story and it being related to race wars. I'm thinking it's just to keep liberals from their normal weeping at the demise of a criminal and maybe to also throw Manson under the white supremacist racist bus. (and, yes, I know he's had a swastika tatooed between his eyes. But that's the cool thing to do when you're in prison.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19663 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^^ I can't get you a citation, but I believe that's consistent with testimony by a couple of 'family' members - Paul Watkins and Linda Kasabian.

quote:
Originally posted by 2BobTanner:
Cremate the body and scatter the ashes in the Pacific. Don’t give him anymore possibilities of being memorialized. BURN IN HELL PSYCHOBASTARD.

An anonymous plot in the prison burial yard would be just fine - and a lot cheaper.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I always heard he wanted to start a race war. That was what "helter skelter" was all about.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He was housed in the "protective custody" section at the prison - for those of notoriety who might be at risk from other inmates. He still managed to keep getting in trouble by acquiring items like cell phones.

Here is an article from a few years ago:
http://kalw.org/post/go-inside...ouses-charles-manson

One thing about that section that is different from other sections. Normally, inmate food is prepared in a central kitchen by other inmates. If I remember correctly, protective housing inmates have their food prepared by staff, not inmates. At some point, there was a concern of poisoning the unit.

The next issue will be the disposition of the remains. If someone has a valid claim, it is possible that he could be buried someplace and become a spectacle. CDCR (the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation) has an Operations manual for just about everything (pages 347-349 appear to have text on this).

http://www.cdcr.ca.gov/Regulat...%202017/2017_DOM.PDF

Posts: 2772 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gasche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
^^^ I can't get you a citation, but I believe that's consistent with testimony by a couple of 'family' members - Paul Watkins and Linda Kasabian.

quote:
Originally posted by 2BobTanner:
Cremate the body and scatter the ashes in the Pacific. Don’t give him anymore possibilities of being memorialized. BURN IN HELL PSYCHOBASTARD.

An anonymous plot in the prison burial yard would be just fine - and a lot cheaper.

Don’t they have guard dogs in prison that need to be fed?

Posts: 748 | Location: Western Washington AC | Registered: August 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Yes, but would you feed that to any dog you cared about?

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
Can anyone else corroborate what this article is saying? That the murder spree with Tate was Manson's bid to start a race war?

This has long been a reason given and I'm sure it was a reason given to his followers directly from Manson. It bears mentioning that nearly everyone killed had some sort of connection in Manson's mind to his failed music industry bid. IIRC Polanski rented the house from someone who worked in the music industry. Manson had gone there in the past, been rejected, and therefore sold it to his followers as the place to start "Helter Skelter".

Check out the Wiki pages on Manson and Phil Kaufman(music producer who did time with Manson prior to the sprees)

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post