SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Tell a story about your SHITI Cooler. Better than any YETI?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tell a story about your SHITI Cooler. Better than any YETI? Login/Join 
Picture of rangeme101
posted
http://www.shiticoolers.com

Did a search and didn't find anything. Gotta love a great marketing mind. ALL of my coolers are SHITI and one blue cylinder style one has had many a great story. In the past when there was a get together or festive outing and the "Blue Cooler" comes out watch out. The ones not drunk will be and the drunks will be even drunker. It's what we made the "Whoop Juice" in. Fun times from the past. Haven't made a batch in several years. Maybe the SHITI "Blue Cooler" needs to come out this 4th July gathering.

What's your SHITI cooler have to tell?

" like i said,....i didn't build it, i didn't buy it, and i didn't break it."

Posts: 1299 | Location: N. Georgia | Registered: March 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Poacher
posted Hide Post
I have a Coleman steel cooler that has been to more places than a lot people! Yeah, it won't keep ice for three days, but I love it.

NRA Life Member

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Teddy Roosevelt

Posts: 2242 | Location: Newnan, GA USA | Registered: January 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've got an old Gott cooler that has been more places than me. Still looks and works great, no Yeti's here. For the big jobs I have 2 60 quart Igloos that suffice very well.

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I was a kid dad brought home "coolers" from work. They were toner containers or something of the sort. Solid 4" styrofoam and fairly sturdy. They were free as the toner company did not reuse them and they would hold ice all weekend at the lake when we went camping.

Posts: 1960 | Location: Indiana or Florida depending on season  | Registered: March 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I started with nothing,
and still have most of it
Picture of stiab
posted Hide Post
I have several 'shiti' coolers, although they are not that exact brand name. The thing I like about them is they are not heavy until you put something in them.

"While not every Democrat is a horse thief, every horse thief is a Democrat." HORACE GREELEY

Posts: 1858 | Location: Central NC | Registered: May 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
I have a Coleman 52 quart "rollie" cooler (with wheels) that kept ice for 4 days on a Cumberland Island camping trip (90+ days) with care (don't open until needed) and kept ice for two more days (we left the island with cold beer and water Smile )...I still have that cooler and IIRC it was $20 or less...

It's all about the prep as well as the cooler...screw a YETI Wink..YMMV.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10584 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not a fan of the boutique coolers, I have always got good use out of igloo coolers. If you pre chill the box and the contents then use large chunks of ice and don't open it every 5 minutes the contents will stay cold for a long time, keeping the cooler in the shade also helps. If possible I take two coolers, one for stuff that has to stay cold for a long time, and one for drinks and stuff that will be used fast.

Posts: 1833 | Location: central Alabama | Registered: July 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
I bought 2 Yeti coolers year before last at Christmas. One for each of my sons. Me, I have a couple of old Colemans. They're still kind of working. Put in enough ice and it lasts longer than the contents. For a while I used to dump the remaining ice on a local bridge. The sign said "watch for ice on bridge". I made it happen.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18387 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Character, above all else
Picture of Tailhook 84
posted Hide Post
Back when we were big campers we would take 3-4 old blankets and cover up our coolers. Had a big cooler for long-term storage and a smaller one for beer and the day's food that we would get into often. Shade and even one blanket makes a big difference in how long the ice lasts.

We bought one of those gazillion-quart Igloo's at Costco which we use in the summer to get our cold stuff home from Costco. We pre-load it with several frozen gel packs and cover it with blankets so it stays cool in the truck while shopping.

"The Truth, when first uttered, is always considered heresy."

Posts: 2541 | Location: West of Fort Worth | Registered: March 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I "run" (hate that expression Razz) a 48qt Coleman that I got at Fleet Farm for about $30. I'll be OK if my Diet Coke is a little warm after two days. I'm not spending $500 to carry around a cooler that weighs 30# empty just for a cold drink. I've never understood the need to keep meat fresh for a week in a cooler that needs a motorized conveyance to transport. If you've got a car, ice and groceries are generally not THAT far away.

Posts: 8954 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
I "run" (hate that expression Razz).

LOL me too. It's so tactical though. I see it on all my gun Facebook pages. "What are you guys running for sights?" What holster do you like? "I run an alien gear...". Big Grin

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12420 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
Yeti don't make one like this.

This works great.

Block ice in bottom and two half gallons of milk fits great in the bottom.

Shelves keep things from getting wet in the water.

Things like eggs, cheese, lunch meat, lettuce, tomatoes, and other things you do not want to get squished go in this one.

The bottom metal runners will fit over a camp table bench.

This is the cooler we work out of all the time.

Last time we used it was for a week outing and block ice lasted.

PS: it is over 45 years old and still going strong.

The week long camping trip.

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have 5 large plastic coolers , and none of them were over $4.50 at the garage sales. they are great !
and AND!
The neighbor set a metal 8 month old coleman out on the curb , so I grabbed it as well.

coolers and gas cans ( the old spout type)
I will grab one every time for a buck or two

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54597 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Snapping Twig
posted Hide Post
Bought myself an Rtic 46qt this year. Same as a Yeti, 1/3 the price.

For my boat I have two 128qt coolers, one is dry storage, the other is ice fish and bait.

Both are seating as well.

Still got a blue high dome topped Rubbermade 58qt "shiti" cooler that works pretty well for what it is.

Posts: 2831 | Registered: May 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a Walmart Ozarks 64-ounce insulated rambler bottle that cost me less than $15. Yeti sells a look alike one for $70. Both probably made in the same Chinese factory. God Bless Smile

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3067 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
Ontmark's equipment is the best. We used that same cooler 45 years ago.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5050 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4MUL8R:
Ontmark's equipment is the best. We used that same cooler 45 years ago.

I had that same cooler back in the '70s, worked great in my vans that we camped in.

Today I have a small Igloo and a small Ozark Trail for going on vacation with our Jeep.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3396 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ontmark we had an ogio bag for years and years, they are great ! for four and five day camoping trips.

then
it got stolen from a bath/restroom at a county park in California

Mad

luckily, nothing of great value was in it

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54597 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Mine is an old Gott red and white. Holds frozen fish bait and drinks very cold for the day. Hose it out. Maybe wash with a bit of bleach and it is rtg again when called on.

Coleman extremes are good, affordable coolers who complete well with the $500 coolers. I bought one of the RTIC's recently. Have not tested it yet as the colemans are so light it is hard to think about using one of the heavier units. I would like to try one of the K2 coolers though.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19155 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
I try not to buy anything that right off the bat I know is Shiti

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8339 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post